Praying Mantis

I absolutely fucking love PRAYING MANTIS! I'd kill to be able to see them live! A criminally underrated band. I was lucky enough a few years back to get the two CD version of Captured Alive in Tokyo City. What a plus it was to have Gary Barden and Clive Burr on it, too. My all time fave tune by PRAYING MANTIS? "Lovers to the Grave".

I absolutely fucking love PRAYING MANTIS! I'd kill to be able to see them live! A criminally underrated band. I was lucky enough a few years back to get the two CD version of Captured Alive in Tokyo City. What a plus it was to have Gary Barden and Clive Burr on it, too. My all time fave tune by PRAYING MANTIS? "Lovers to the Grave".

According to Chris Troy they are trying to make a US appearance soon and are looking for likely festivals (did I mention they would RULE as a PPUSA Showcase band?). What I've heard of the upcoming album sounds terrific and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of guys.

According to Chris Troy they are trying to make a US appearance soon and are looking for likely festivals (did I mention they would RULE as a PPUSA Showcase band?). What I've heard of the upcoming album sounds terrific and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of guys.

I'm a big fan of PM, but I don't see them as ever playing PP. I think they're far too AOR for this fest. PC69, which has an edgier sound, didn't pan out very well (I love the band and liked the set, but I don't think they had a great fest reception), so I don't see Praying Mantis working out.

Steve in Philly

I'm a big fan of PM, but I don't see them as ever playing PP. I think they're far too AOR for this fest. PC69, which has an edgier sound, didn't pan out very well (I love the band and liked the set, but I don't think they had a great fest reception), so I don't see Praying Mantis working out.

Steve in Philly

I hear you. PC69 was one of my all-time top PPUSA performances, and one that could only happen at this fest. The fact that they were followed by Therion made the night even better.