Pre-Party?

hagalwadi007

New Metal Member
Feb 8, 2009
will there be one, if so where? and will you have to pay to get in if you have a platinum pass?

EDIT IN ANSWER

This is where the forum has decided to let it all hang out on Thursday.

Basement Bar & Lounge
244 Losoya St # B
San Antonio, TX 78205
(210) 229-1227

http://local.yahoo.com/info-33153684...+Antonio,+TX

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Ba...SS&id=23557962

This place is on Losoya and it literally is a basement. If you were on commerce at the "V" formed by S.Alamo and Losoya where that "god-knows-what-it-is" orange statue is, you would head up Losoya past the Mcd's and it is a few doors down on the right hand side.

I found this place with a buddy of mine when we saw UFO at the Hemisphere park several months back. Cool Place....drink prices are no where near what they are getting on the river walk....

i like the idea of going to the metal bar Bonds or whatever that Beth mentioned is the best idea. Unless we have lots of underages in which case just hotel party is fine with me.

There are so really good places on the riverwalk that would be a great place to meet up, any thoughts Beth, or hey I will call Chris Salinas today and get some ideas

There are so really good places on the riverwalk that would be a great place to meet up, any thoughts Beth, or hey I will call Chris Salinas today and get some ideas

Chris would definitely have some stronger ideas in teh downtown area- but I'll look at a few places and see what's doing around town that Thursday.

If we have platinum passes do we have to pay for the pre-party if there ends up being one?

Thanks for your question....
The idea was, if we set up a special event that we were going to be charging for, this was something we were going to grant free for the Platinum Pass holder.

At this point because of time restrictions this year, we've run out of time to set up our own pre-party . This thread is now more about, where or what venue we'll converge on as a group of individuals as an informal get together.
So I have no idea at this time what the details of the final result of this thread will bring.

But will remain open depending on the situation to cover the expense of Platinum Pass members for whatever we end up doing.

:kickass:

I checked beermapping.com and noticed that there was an Irish Pub on the Riverwalk.

Not too sure when the rest of the guys are coming in, but I think we would be there Thursday to hang with everyone.

Ed

Possible locations to GTG.....

Durty Nelly's (inside the Hilton Palacio Del Rio)

Bonds 007 (downtown SA - Soledad St.)

Pat O'Briens (in front of the Alamo)

Mad Dogs (Losoya St)

Been hearing that MAD DOG's is a pretty cool place with good beer, seems to be an Irish Pub, is that correct?:kickass:

yeah it is and it seems like a cool place, not to far from the hotels, actually wihin walking distance, if you want I can call them tomorrow, and check it out.

yeah it is and it seems like a cool place, not to far from the hotels, actually wihin walking distance, if you want I can call them tomorrow, and check it out.

I would stay away from Maddog’s it is an English Pub in name only. It also very, very expensive. You may want to try the following:

Ticket Sports Pub – Cool bar, used 2B my local hole in the wall.
(210) 222-9722
420 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX

Swig Incorporated – Really cool Cigar/Martini bar
(210) 476-0005
111 W Crockett St, #205, San Antonio, TX
Get Directions
www.swigmartini.com

Durty Nelly's Irish Pub – Cool vibe, smartass Waiters/Bartenders – not a family place
(210) 222-1400
200 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX

Basement Bar & Lounge - Cool Bar, good prices, good atmosphere
(210) 229-1227
244 Losoya St, #B, San Antonio, TX

Bond's 007 Rock Bar – Metal Bar
(210) 225-0007
450 Soledad St, San Antonio, TX
www.bonds007rockbar.com

These are all by the Riverwalk (with the exceptions of Bonds 007) and are close to the Venue/Hotels.

i say Basement Bar and Lounge, it is only about 1/2 mile from the venue and hotels so it's about a 5 minute walk. Just my opinion

Our flight lands at the S.A. airport at 9:30pm Thursday night, so depending on what time we get settled at the hotel, we'll probably be out and about exploring new territory.

We still have time, so I'll continue to lurk and snoop here for more updates....but if you guys decide on a specific place you are meeting up, post it here or PM me for my number.