Prelude to Ruin cover?

Pseudo Kamasutra

New Metal Member
Nov 1, 2005
www.myspace.com
First and foremost this cover was amazing. I was just wondering why after the renaissance part where it say's "Coming events cast their shadows before Wintery wind the eye of the storm witness The past the future Holds more prelude to ruin" Why was the Compton voice used? Was there any particular reason why?

Yes the deep voice, it used alot in metal, it also is on Cradle of Filth's Her Ghost in the Fog

Pseudo Kamasutra said:
First and foremost this cover was amazing. I was just wondering why after the renaissance part where it say's "Coming events cast their shadows before Wintery wind the eye of the storm witness The past the future Holds more prelude to ruin" Why was the Compton voice used? Was there any particular reason why?

Thanks.
Have you heard the original version?

nicosanchez said:
The original version is in "Awaken the Guardian".

And the Prelude to Ruin cover is either on the Japanese release or the Fates Warning Tribute "Through Different Eyes" (which is really cool, but makes me mad Guardian was not covered)

The 'prelude' cover was cool I like how SA put their own twist
to not EXACTLY reproducing every note etc.

How about a cover of Psychotic Waltz's "SPIRAL TOWER"
too obvious?

Did anyone out there hear JOHN ARCH's "twist of fate" ?
I still get tears listening to "relentless"
I wish the original fates would do the REAL follow-up to 'guardian'
The john arch interviews are really cool to read like how they departed
and such and what hes doing now.
Oyvind definately carries the torch now for meh-tol singers today
and I am slowly enjoying the scariot songs.

Oyvind, did you write the lyrics and melodies or were they handed to
you by Daniel, or both??

thanks
your #1 fan

Oyvind H said:
Edit: The John Arch-album is fantastic. He's an amazing musician.

Indeed, the vocal melodies he comes up with are from nowhere, while at the same time complementing and adding to the music.

I read a while back that he would like to record more music again and perhaps a full album with Matheos and Portnoy are will be in the future.

Hey guys, thanks for mentioniing SCARIOT. I had not heard of them before. They sound awesome. I plan on ordering 'Strange on Numbers' today. I look forward to the release of the new disc. You sound awesome on the rough tracks Oyvind, and of course with SA.

Have you heard HEIR APPARENT?
one small voice is awesome vocally but musically commercial
go to their site and download -the fifth season
Its just that one cd with him on it but maaaaan that guy can sing
very tate-arch-ish!

Well, while we are in the deep US underground here: I'll throw in "As Darkness reigns" by Oracle and Mystic force's "Man vs. Machine" - the singer on both is William Wren, who is really good...something like Geoff Tate on steroids...

Oyvind H said:
Thanks.
Have you heard the original version?

Why yes I have. Pretty amazing singing I must say. I liked the chanting that they did for the end part. The spiral version is better and the acoustic intro was much better than the original intro.

this cover ...is better that the original even the voice is better than the original even the bass sound and stuff is better than the original, and even the guitars are better than the original... you guys of SA deserve to be nominade,but you guys are playing hide and seek...i had never seen you on mtv or TV... or magazine ,except for lars norberg i saw him in a picture with satyricon... adn maybe steinar,promo

^^^UP spiral architect