Pressbox in Anaheim show 11/19/05

raveballs

Ex-Mullet Head
Feb 4, 2004
near LA
www.raveballs.com
I want to take the 1+ hour drive down to the O.C. to see my favourite tribute band (and their new guitarist) on Saturday night. The Pressbox seems to not have a website. Anyone know what the cover charge is and when the ladies take the stage? I'm trying to bring a friend along with me and need the details. Hope to get my Maidens fix this weekend :headbang:

update (11/22/05):
here's some pix from the pressbox show last weekend. you can view them all at: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLa...post_signin=Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Ux=0
loved sarah's KILLERS guitar. don't remember seeing that one before. oh, and thanks for the "mini murray" guitar pick you threw into the audience. it landed in my hair. :tickled: no complaints about the new guitarist. although, i DO miss the smile & nod i always got from jojo ;) here's the set list:

be quick or be dead
die with your boots on
the trooper
caught somewhere in time
wasted years
revelations
transylvania
remember tomorrow
the number of the beast
phantom of the opera
wrathchild
wickerman
hallowed be thy name
run to the hills

PB200003.jpg

PB200004.jpg

PB200007.jpg

PB200016.jpg

PB200019.jpg

PB200020.jpg

PB200022.jpg

PB200024.jpg

PB200029.jpg

PB200033.jpg

Here's the info we have:

THE PRESSBOX
480 N. Glassel St.
Anaheim, CA 92806
(714) 666-1996

21 & over

It's probably safe to say we'll be on around 11:30pm. Hope this helps! See ya Saturday! :)

I just called The Press Box to find out show info. The person I got on the phone was lame.

Q: When do The Iron Maidens come on?
A: about 12.

Q: What bands are playing?
A: there's a bunch.

Q: What time do the bands start playing?
A: about 7:30.

Q: What is the cover charge?
A: about 10 or 15 bucks.

Shesh, how the hell do they expect people to want to come if they don't have a website and the person answering their phone can't even tell you who's playing? Lame.

What a great feeling to get another MaidenS fix!
Wicker Man, POTO, Remember Tomorrow, Wrathchild, Boots, Wasted Years, Hallowed were among the many highlights.

It was very nice to chat with you before the show Aja... hope to see you perform with Bruce Conti sometime.

Thanks for putting me on the list and comping me as a street-teamer... I hope a few of the peeps there saw the flyers I placed in some local music/record shops.

...and The Tonight Show on Tuesday (maybe)!?! Now that is exciting!:hotjump: Up the Irons!
Cheers, Kurt

CrankYanker said:
Wicker Man, POTO, Remember Tomorrow, Wrathchild, Boots, Wasted Years, Hallowed were among the many highlights.

It was very nice to chat with you before the show Aja... hope to see you perform with Bruce Conti sometime.

Thanks for putting me on the list and comping me as a street-teamer... I hope a few of the peeps there saw the flyers I placed in some local music/record shops.

...and The Tonight Show on Tuesday (maybe)!?! Now that is exciting!:hotjump: Up the Irons!
Cheers, Kurt

Thanks for helping and for coming out, Kurt! I enjoyed our conversation as well. Come on out to Vegas sometime - The Orleans is a cool little local place and the stage and sound there are really good, too.

We had fun and it was nice to see everybody that came out. Thanks for making it a good night you guys! :wave:
Sorry to hear the venue dropped the ball there on the phone inquiry, Red Shirt.:erk: Maybe we'll see you at Blue Cafe Dec. 3rd? I like that venue a lot. Their PA rocks and the soundman is my personal hero!

CrankYanker said:

Cheers, Kurt

Wickerman?? Wow damnit I wish I could have made that show. Ok I know I am a moron but what does "POTO" stand for? I am sure by the time I post this I will figure it out lol

Thanks to everyone who came to the show and all who helped throughout the night. Though it was a fun time and the staff at the venue were wonderful to work with, I think I prefer to play places with a proper PA and sound system and enough microphones for all the instruments from now on. o_O It was so difficult to hear anyone on stage except the vocals (lead and backing) to no fault of Aja's I might add :p and that's just not enough to play Maiden properly. Whew. Glad that one is over with! Thanks again to all who attended. Next show up is Blue Cafe in Long Beach, where we will be debuting a new add to our setlist for ya! :)

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Thanks to everyone who came to the show and all who helped throughout the night. Though it was a fun time and the staff at the venue were wonderful to work with, I think I prefer to play places with a proper PA and sound system and enough microphones for all the instruments from now on. o_O It was so difficult to hear anyone on stage except the vocals (lead and backing) to no fault of Aja's I might add :p and that's just not enough to play Maiden properly. Whew. Glad that one is over with! Thanks again to all who attended. Next show up is Blue Cafe in Long Beach, where we will be debuting a new add to our setlist for ya! :)

Ooooh, can't wait to hear what this one's gonna be!!! :headbang:

Crappy sound system or not, they still rocked the block! Thanks for letting us make some noise before ya. ;)

Ihate!

spideyjg said:
Got it yet?
Phantom of the Opera. ;)

Jim

LOL I feel like a total moron haha. Even after I thought about it hard I couldn't figure it out.. ughh. Oh well great song, one of Maidens best and one of the Maidens best as well!

LOL! U got a pick of me jugglin my nugget. Damn that goate looks fake on film. bhahahha!