Pretty good master bus compressor for free?

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Anyone of you know a good master bus compressor for free?
I use a Mac and ProTools so the number of the free products is not so high...
Actually I find "The Glue" from Cytonik...it seems pretty decent and it's 99$.

I don't want to start a new thread, but can any make any recommendations on VSTs for free that aren't PT specific? I use Ableton Live Suite 8.0, and they claim their built in limiter effect is mastering grade, but I'm quite skeptical of that.

I don't want to start a new thread, but can any make any recommendations on VSTs for free that aren't PT specific? I use Ableton Live Suite 8.0, and they claim their built in limiter effect is mastering grade, but I'm quite skeptical of that.

Google any/all of the following terms followed by "vst":
TbT
Kjaerhus
Variety of sound
Terry west
Buzzmaxi
Slim slow slider
Lepou
AcmeBarGig
Electri-q
Pushtec
CamelCrusher
And
Digitalfishphones

All of those are more or less the best freeware going

Patton's not pissed anymore...:) Life's good again!!

Also that stuff from Variety of Sound...I believe thats Bootsy, Bootsy is a fantastic developer, I use his stuff myself...

KM

Sorry to bump this thead, but I didn't want to start a new one. The Density MKII is really screwing with my kick transients, it's making them sound clipped or something like that. Are there any other master bus compressor vsts you guys are using that you like?

Sorry to bump this thead, but I didn't want to start a new one. The Density MKII is really screwing with my kick transients, it's making them sound clipped or something like that. Are there any other master bus compressor vsts you guys are using that you like?

Just some ideas: have you tried messing with the Strict/Relax control on Density mkII? That helps for me when the kick gets compressed too abruptly (which could cause the distortion). Also, P3 timing is the only timing that ever worked for me on that compressor, so if you are using P1 or 2, that could be causing the issue. Another thing you could try is to enable the sidechain filter, so the compressor doesn't get triggered by the lowest subs of your kicks. Maybe you've tried all of this already, but I thought I'd throw it in there :)

Just some ideas: have you tried messing with the Strict/Relax control on Density mkII? That helps for me when the kick gets compressed too abruptly (which could cause the distortion). Also, P3 timing is the only timing that ever worked for me on that compressor, so if you are using P1 or 2, that could be causing the issue. Another thing you could try is to enable the sidechain filter, so the compressor doesn't get triggered by the lowest subs of your kicks. Maybe you've tried all of this already, but I thought I'd throw it in there :)

I usually use P4-5, but I've never thought about those other things! I'll try 'em out.

Maybe a newb question, but: I've been using ReaComp on individual tracks and also on my master bus. Should I NOT be using this on my master?