Pretty Maids

woosta

Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
Does this band fall under anyone else's "Power" category?

Why are they given little credit or consideration for this event?

I feel that the Maids are of legendary status with very little in the way of a bad song over their 20 year career. What about it, folks; Pretty Maids at ProgPower?

Our drummer introduced me to Pretty Maids about four years ago and I have bought everything form them since!

He pulled out "Future World" on record (yes... those black things that are flat and round!) and played it for me, and I was instantly hooked!

I have since passed him up on the Pretty Maids album count (he only has their first 4) and totaly dig their material!

I would definatly consider them a power metal/AOR mix...they have some excellent power metal anthems and wonderful AOR-style ballads.

The only stinkers they released were the late 80's early 90's (especially "Scream") albums which were much more commercial in nature, possibly due to the prominant "butt rock" thing that was in trend at the time. I still enjoy those albums, but prefer their early works as well as their last 4 albums!

:headbang:

NOW we're talking! I have yet to meet a non-Pretty Maids fan who has heard their work. Their catalog is so diverse but with the constant of great songs underlying everything! I'd cream my pants to see that band in Atlanta someday!

I have no idea why Pretty Maids are not as well known or celebrated as Helloween. They are the LEADERS in their genre and really are one of the best bands in existence. If I had to choose between seeing Blind Guardian or Pretty Maids, Id probably cry like a girl for about 15 min then go see Pretty Maids.

Ben

I have a pretty massive music collection and love all kinds of music. There are a few bands that I would put at the top of my list, but album for album, song for song, Pretty Maids is the most consistent, solid band around. They have the perfect mix of crunch and melody and have put out some great music over the years. I flew to Germany (from L.A.) back in '99 with a friend of mine to see Pretty Maids and they did not disappoint! Two of the most rockin' shows I've EVER seen (2 Pretty Maids shows and an Edguy/Gamma Ray show...well worth the trip!). I won't hold my breath, but I would absolutely LOVE to see PM at PP4!!!!

-Kyle

I wouldn't hold your breath either. I have direct insider information that states there is "no interest in having the Pretty Maids at ProgPower" and that is even with a sponser fronting $1000 for them. That's really too bad, but I'm not the promoter so I can't complain about it.