Price for mixing and mastering?

jdolese1226

Jun 12, 2013
Louisiana
Bro, thats an absolute ridiculous amount to charge, assuming your not using pirated software and legit hardware how do you expect to pay off the said equipment and software along with make a profit from this?

gotta be professional and cover all of your bases, or else don't charge at all.

even if your recording an entire bands track in three hours(impossible to do that professionally) thats $8.33 dollars and hour.

if your looking to build a portfolio snag a few bands to do for free then raise prices to regular standards(at least 100.00 per song, thats a freaking minimum)

yeah dude i know, but i was talking about $50 a song like 2 months ago and bands were like dude, nah that's too much :( and i know! i hate pirated crap, i used to do that but i now and as of like at least a year ago i believe that i shouldn't make money off of stuff i didnt buy. so i got rid of all of that, lately i just bought all of Chango samples, and the departure and Truth Black and gold kit so bands can make their on "sampled kits". and just got komplete 9... im running out of money, but im scared to raise the prices cause they'll complain and stop coming to me.

I've seen studios charging anywhere from $35-$150 a song, mainly based on their portfolio. One of the popular studios in my area seems to raise their rates every 6 months or so.