Priest (With Halford) For BS04

Volcane

Power Quest
Feb 16, 2003
www.progpoweruk.com
So, as it seems that Priest are back with Halford for a 2004 tour, wouldn't that make them favourites to play/headline at BLOODSTOCK 04 ?

Gotta be worth considering. Be kinda local for them...

Good call!! Personally we would love to see that happen but we feel there will be mega interest from Clear Channel and the "Monsters of Rock" Tour methinks. Bear in mind CC are "global" promoters.

It will likely be too difficult to pin them down to a fixed festival date at the end of August when they are planning a world tour. So I vote for a UK tour as follows:

Judas Priest
Primal Fear
Biomechanical

1 date at the NEC with a big big show like the old days. Will this sell 8,000 tickets though???????????????

However, having said that we will be making the official approach - can't not do it can we!! Who knows!

Obviously I'm delighted in the reunion - I've played Painkiller 3 times since last night.

However does this spell the end for Halford (Band)? Crucible, Resurrection and Live Insurrection were sheer class.

Also I hope Ripper Owens ends up with Pantera and not Iced Earth.

bloodstock said:
Good call!! Personally we would love to see that happen but we feel there will be mega interest from Clear Channel and the "Monsters of Rock" Tour methinks. Bear in mind CC are "global" promoters.

It will likely be too difficult to pin them down to a fixed festival date at the end of August when they are planning a world tour. So I vote for a UK tour as follows:

Judas Priest
Primal Fear
Biomechanical

1 date at the NEC with a big big show like the old days. Will this sell 8,000 tickets though???????????????

However, having said that we will be making the official approach - can't not do it can we!! Who knows!

Fingers crossed then. Really and truely If CC do get hold of them, I can't see them selling 8,000 tickets, in fact I'd put money on it. So perhaps Bloodstock would be a better bet for them.

Eagle said:
However does this spell the end for Halford (Band)? Crucible, Resurrection and Live Insurrection were sheer class.
Not necessarily. Rob has said that although he'll be concentrating on Priest in the immediate future, he won't close the door on future projects with the Halford lineup, and that they're all parting on good terms. Which is obviously good news for us. While I wasn't convinced about Crucible, I'd certainly agree that Resurrection was a masterpiece...