Primal Fear

PRIMAL FEAR HAS NEW ALBUM IN THE WORKS:

December 4, 2008
[FONT=arial, helvetica]

German power metallers PRIMAL FEAR entered the studio on November 28 to begin recording their new album, "16.6", due in early 2009 via Frontiers Records. The band is in the process of laying down the following 14 tracks for the new CD (working titles; in no particular order):

01. Six Times Dead (16.6)
02. Smith & Wesson
03. Soar
04. Riding The Eagle
05. Black Rain
06. Lightning
07. Time
08. Night After Night
09. Killbound
10. Don't Fuck With My Life
11. No Smoke Without Fire
12. The Exorcist
13. Torn
14. Scream

Commented PRIMAL FEAR frontman Ralf Scheepers: "It's very unusual for one band member to see and listen how the other band member is delivering the goods on his instrument. When we perform together live, you can also judge what's going on each instrument but not as clear and obvious as in the studio where you can concentrate on each tone or note or beat from your mates. From what I have heard so far, I can really say it's the best performance I have ever heard from Randy [Black] on the drums and also from Henny [Wolter] on the guitar. Of course, some people might think, 'What else should he say, he has to promote the new album and that's what every musician would say just to keep the ball running.' But these words are my true impression and I really can't wait for Magnus [Karlsson, guitar] and Mat [Sinner, bass] to nail their parts to see the whole building growing and growing."

Check out photos from the studio at
www.myspace.com/primalfearofficial.

PRIMAL FEAR earlier in the year parted ways with guitarist Stefan Leibing and replaced him with Magnus Karlsson (ALLEN/LANDE, STARBREAKER).

The band's latest album, "New Religion", last year landed on the Swedish chart at No. 67. It also entered the German chart at No. 60. The CD was released in the U.S. on January 29 via Locomotive/Ryko. Guest musicians on the album include Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY, ex-HELLOWEEN) and Simone Simons (EPICA).

Courtesy of
www.frontiers.it
[/FONT]

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
^
Magnus is a great player / song writer. He has been in so many projects and now he has landed in the band Primal Fear. IMO, his best work was his early stuff...his band LastTribe...a great band that unfortunately no longer exists. Those who only know Magnus's recent work may want to go back and checkout some LastTribe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kxQckq9-g&feature=related[/ame]

Magnus maybe an interesting addition to Primal Fear providing he gets more in touch with his metal side like in the last Midnight Sun album and less to his AOR side. I love the last two PF albums and I hope they keep on the same vein.

Magnus maybe an interesting addition to Primal Fear providing he gets more in touch with his metal side like in the last Midnight Sun album and less to his AOR side. I love the last two PF albums and I hope they keep on the same vein.

Maybe this belongs in Sixx's PF thread, but the last (2?) PF album sounded too much like Sinner with Ralph singing.

Personally, I prefer Black Sun-Seven Seals (I have yet to hear their first 2 and am working backwards).

Magnus maybe an interesting addition to Primal Fear providing he gets more in touch with his metal side

I hope he does just that...I prefer his more aggressive up-tempo style of playing.
I wonder if he'll have a major part in songwriting...or if PF will let him come in and just let loose and rip it up...maybe he'll do both things?

Maybe this belongs in Sixx's PF thread, but the last (2?) PF album sounded too much like Sinner with Ralph singing.

Personally, I prefer Black Sun-Seven Seals (I have yet to hear their first 2 and am working backwards).

I was never a fan of Ralf Scheepers, I considered him too much alike Halford and high pitched. But after listening to "Seven Seals" I like the album a lot, so i took my chnaces with "New Religion" and it delivered to me too, so PF goes alright in my book so far.

P.S. This thread ended a big confused since I copied some post from another thread that Brandon pointed are relevant to this one, so here they are :D

I don´t know how much Magnus has influenced in the next PF album. I hope a lot because that guy is a grear songwriter (just check the last Bob Catley album brilliant)

In my opinion, "New religion" was the best PF album since "Nuclear fire". for me, "Black sun" was awful and "Devil´s ground" and "Seven seals" quite boring. Not a masterpiece but "New religion" was Ok for me.