Primordial - Redemption at the Puritan's Hand

challenge_everything

Feb 9, 2006
great southern wasteland
Primordial%2B%2B11.jpg

Released tomorrow.

Definitely damn good, and a major step up from TTND. Gone are the songs carried solely by the vocals, the music is now more interesting and enhanced by the vocal work instead of held up by it.

One of the best bands working in metal today. Since 2005, that's 3 masterpieces in a row. TGW, TTND and RATPH. Their back catalogue is pretty fuckin' good also.

Wasn't impressed by the first listen. I really like TTND and was expecting something similar.

Glad they abandoned that style. It was definitely not what they were best at despite the larger fanbase that it gathered for them.

They certainly kind of "spit" on those new fans or at least came with something completely from left field as far as they were likely concerned.

But this was definitely exactly what I was hoping they'd come out with.

Building upon their Gathering style more so than the TTND sound.

I love the style on To the Nameless Dead, but I welcome an album that recalls something more similar to A Journey's End or Spirit the Earth Aflame.

However, in my opinion, their lyrically/vocally driven songs are their best: "Sons of the Morrigan," "The Coffin Ships" and "As Rome Burns" are masterpieces.

The only song on TTND that I'd say is worthy of being called a 'masterpiece' is No Nation On This Earth. Absolutely love that song, and while I do like TTND overall it is their weakest effort to date.

Personal favorite song is Gods to the Godless

Since they have been my obsession for several years now I was anxiously looking forward to this album. I'm not at all disappointed.
I'm glad they change their style (somewhat) from album to album while still retaining their own distinctive sound. It would be immensely boring if a band just kept rehashing the same album over and over again.

Now they just need to do a headlining tour and come to the U.S.

Ditto, but I hold "Empire Falls" in equal regard. The Roman historian in me has a special connection, too.

There are five masterpieces on TTND And I would rate them like this:

No Nation on this Earth
Empire Falls
Heathen Tribes
As Rome Burns
Gallows Hymn

Looking very much forward to hearing the new album...

If your a fan of Primordial, there is no fuckin' way that RATPH is a disappointment. All of there albums are intense and passionate, and the songwriting is really second to none. This will be in my top5 at the very least for 2011.

Metal album of the year????? I mean, is there actually a black metal album released in the past 10 years that's as good as this?