Primordial

well, what should i say? Primordial i definitely my favourite band. they never released a single weak song and they sound like no other band. they are unique and genuine. my fav. albums are Spirit The Earth Aflame, The Gathering Wilderness and A Journey's End.
best songs to start: Gods To The Godless, Autumn's Ablaze, Coffin Ships, Sons Of The Morrigan, The Soul Must Sleep

One of my favorite bands of all time - their performance at the Heathen Crusade earlier this year was one of the most powerful things I've ever witnessed.
I would agree that "The Gathering Wilderness" isn't quite as epic as others, however, the title track and "Coffin Ships" are two of the most epic things they've written. My favorite is still "Journey's End" - much more dark, folky, and despondent than their other albums. Katatonia fans would probably really dig "Dark Song".

The live performace is amazing. First time i saw them was 2 years ago, excellent show, nightime, outdoor festival show.
Saw them again in June supporting Opeth in Dublin, impressive again, but i think too many were there just for Opeth.