Katatonia/Primordial split & Saw You Drown EP

aDmin

the White Rabbit
Jun 4, 2002
Finland
gnosis.xrs.net
Indeed.

Firstly, why isn't the Katatonia/Primordial split featured on the official site? Is it in fact a bootleg, or why isn't it considered an official release (if you have absolutely no clue what I'm rambling about, here is a page with little information about the release)? -- And where on earth could one get such a novelty piece of Katatonia (eBay is my strongest bet).

Secondly, the Saw You Drown EP. Anyone know where I could get it or if there's a re-release on its way (I highly doubt this, though, but it did happen to 'Sounds of Decay')?

The reason I'm asking is that these two little jewels are the only items missing from my Katakollektion.

Thanks.

So you better start saving up ;) By the way, the Saw You Drown EP frequently sells for more than $100! Personally, I never understood what's so great about that EP. I mean, it sure is nice to have...but for 100 bucks?!? I'd rather spend that money on T-Shirts or new music than on a CD with songs that I already got. It's the only item in my Katatonia collection that's missing...but I guess I'll live.

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief
So you better start saving up ;) By the way, the Saw You Drown EP frequently sells for more than $100!

That price is just absurd... No way I'm gonna pay that much, not even for that item.

I'm nearly praying that some Finn would put it on sale to huuto.net (a Finnish online auction system), so I might be able to grab it at a reasonable price (even 30-40€ would be quite nice).

I have the Saw You Drown MCD, the split with Primordial is the only item I don't have, but I do have "Scarlet Heavens" in mp3, so I won't pay a lot of money for it, but if I ever come across a copy for a reasonable price I might buy it.

As mentioned a couple of times in other threads, all Katatonia EP's (Jhva Elohim Meth, For Funerals To Come, Sounds Of Decay and Saw You Drown) plus the WAR compilation tracks and some other rare tracks (don't know which...) will be re-issued on one CD by Avantgarde in the not too distant future.

Yes the Katatonia/Primordial 7" split is an official release. It's not listed on the web site because I wanted to list only exclusive KATATONIA release, not all compilation releases as well. Otherwise I'd have to also include the W.A.R compilation since it also includes one song "Love of the Swan" (and one other version of 12 called "Black Erotica") which are exclusive to that release also. It just didn't feel quite right to have compilation CDs/etc in an official discography.

Maybe I should change it.. I dunno.

Hmm. The K/P split can't really be considered a compilation, now can it? Only two bands. I think that the split, in the least, should be listed on the site, but not the different compilations, since they have such a wide variety of bands.

I have all Katatonia releases including the split with Primordial... just wanted to say that it´s 10" not 7"
I agree that this split should be listed on the site as it´s an official Katatonia release and shouldn´t be considered as any compilation.

W00t, I just got e-mail from a friendly fellow Finn who is willing to sell the EP for me for a measly (?!) 50€. Sweet.

Now, where's that Primordial split...

Originally posted by forlorn soul
Yes the Katatonia/Primordial 7" split is an official release. It's not listed on the web site because I wanted to list only exclusive KATATONIA release, not all compilation releases as well. Otherwise I'd have to also include the W.A.R compilation since it also includes one song "Love of the Swan" (and one other version of 12 called "Black Erotica") which are exclusive to that release also. It just didn't feel quite right to have compilation CDs/etc in an official discography.

Maybe I should change it.. I dunno.
I think you should change it, cause I definitely think fans who look in the Discography section want to find out about these releases. If fans don't know about them they should definitely be able to learn about these releases through the discography section on the official site I think. An official site should contain the most extensive and complete information in my opinion... After all it's unique Katatonia material featured on those releases.

Originally posted by aDmin
Hmm. The K/P split can't really be considered a compilation, now can it? Only two bands. I think that the split, in the least, should be listed on the site, but not the different compilations, since they have such a wide variety of bands.

My point was just that both contain material unique to those recordings, and it'd be a bit strange putting up the split, and then not the W.A.R. compilation considering the WAR comp has two unique tracks. That's all. I see your point though. Maybe I'll add it.