Pro Tools Varispeed Question

JoeMeek12397

Aug 25, 2013
Georgia
I asked this question on GS but never got an answer maybe someone here can help.

I've been varispeeding in with Elastic Audio in Pro Tools M Powered. How can I calculate what tempo shift would equal a semitone step? Like if I'm running at 120 bpm how much would I need to slow down the tempo in order to be exactly a half step lower. Any math people out there? Thus far I've been dropping the tempo like 3 or 4 bpm and re-tuning the guitar to the track. This works, but knowing the formula to calculate that would be so much more effective and would enhance creativity.

Thanks

Thanks man, I tried it with a keyboard and it worked GREAT!! I'm an idiot when it comes to math. How could I transpose that formula for and full step down, a half step up and a full step up? Sorry bro, math has always been one of my mortal enemies.

SWEET!!! Thanks man. This is going to help so fucking much. Thanks for all the help.

I asked this question on Gearslutz over a month ago and didn't get any answers. I asked on here and got an answer in 30 minutes.

Very Cool
Thanks again bro.