Probably one of my favorite mixes yet! (NON-GENERICORE!)

Jun 22, 2009
St. Pete, Florida
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317792/teststuff/CoraliseSong1TestExport.mp3

Superior, Slate, and 6505.

Band is called Coralise. They're a local band.

Any comments on the mix so far are greatly appreciated!

Also, anyone have any advice for me on how to make the leads sit a little better on the mix?

(apologies for the beeps, it's only every 15 seconds, they havent paid yet)

WITH VOCALS!:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317792/teststuff/CoraliseSong1TestExportwunfinishedvocals.mp3

The vocals are sitting, but not exactly how they should be. any advice?

Hate to break it to you, but the "generic core sound" appearantly is the professional sound of today. Guitars are very muddy and have too much midrange and "tact" (haha, in lack of a better word. that pod crappy/sticky sound you know), perhaps a bit too much "in your face" as well. Try bringing them down a couple of notches in level and balance the EQ a bit, I would suggest you edit them for tightness/gate them more/re-record them aswell. Less verb on the snare and toms, sounds really unnatural with the rest of the kit (the kick in particular), try to get more punch instead, play around with comps, gates and eq's 'til you find it. Also, I'm not a fan of that clean guitar sound, sounds super unprocessed, needs more of an amp-sound. Anyways, I might be lost.

Hate to break it to you, but the "generic core sound" appearantly is the professional sound of today. Guitars are very muddy and have too much midrange and "tact" (haha, in lack of a better word. that pod crappy/sticky sound you know), perhaps a bit too much "in your face" as well. Try bringing them down a couple of notches in level and balance the EQ a bit, I would suggest you edit them for tightness/gate them more/re-record them aswell. Less verb on the snare and toms, sounds really unnatural with the rest of the kit (the kick in particular), try to get more punch instead, play around with comps, gates and eq's 'til you find it. Also, I'm not a fan of that clean guitar sound, sounds super unprocessed, needs more of an amp-sound. Anyways, I might be lost.

by any chance are you listening on laptop speakers?

krk rp5's, dude! checked it on my 2.1-system aswell to be shure.

haha, damn.

You pointed out EVERYTHING i was worried about; but only when i lsitened to it on laptop speakers? on my desktop/monitors, i was diggin it.

but i just updated the mix.

Specifically the drums and the cleans.

Shit sounding better? haha