PROBLEM, (need help asap)

Jul 31, 2010
Okay so i'm in the middle of doing a bands EP, i'm tracking with my 5150 mesa cab, and there is this super strange high pitch noise, like we only have 3 days to track all the tracks, i need to find out and whats going on with this as soon as possible, the main tubes have been replaced like a month ago, i'm using speaker cables, to link the head and cab so nothing to do with that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/PROBLEMMMMMM.mp3

You mean the feedback between everything? Get a noise gate or just cut it out in production. Although it does kinda sound like a microphone feeding back...

You mean the feedback between everything? Get a noise gate or just cut it out in production. Although it does kinda sound like a microphone feeding back...

ohhh yeah man i know its feedback but its starting to cut through like the playing and shit, i was just making sure other people thought it was a pre amp problem i'm going today and just getting all new ones.

its just it came on so random i had played earlier on the head and it was fine then when the bad got here it just started doing that.