NEED HELP WITH THIS MIX ASAP(hardcore)

Jul 31, 2010
So i just started tracking this band yesterday i really have not done much to anything except the guitars, so levels are probably a tad off, but im just posting this to see whats up with these guitar tones, i really can not stand them idk whats wrong with them but they need to get better.

The chain is
pod farm using diamond plate.
Thread plate cab with the condenser 0% room.
quit a bit EQ on ozone with.
the gain is about 85% on the head.
and im running the Tube screamer with it also.

I feel the guitars sound fuzzy and not full or thick sounding even tho there quad tracked, i have never had this problem with pod farm so im just lost.

Please give me any help it would be much appreciated
thanks.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/EOS NEED HELP guitar tone.mp3

((UPDATED))
Still theres something weird with this mix please help if possible.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/EOS NEWEST MIX.mp3

I'm not listening on the best speakers right now, but it sounds like your gain might be too high. Also, work on your bass tone a bit to make everything sound full - I don't think the problem (other than being overgained) is with your guitars.

I'm not listening on the best speakers right now, but it sounds like your gain might be too high. Also, work on your bass tone a bit to make everything sound full - I don't think the problem (other than being overgained) is with your guitars.

I agree that the guitars have a little to much gain on them, But the band like wants a lot of gain on it, and idk what to do because when i lower it there like i dont like it, but i want it to sound very up to professional standards, the sound of the mix im kinda going for is kinda we came as romans guitar tone and bass tone, Im not super great when coming to bass tones so i think im a little lost on how i should go about EQ's it, the bass was ran through a GK backline head direct out with a ampeg impulse.

alright ill check that out, if its possible take a listen to the updates version, i mean i think it sounds a lil better but still at least maybe its me i feel like theres something wrong with the guitars.

The snare could be a little louder/more compressed, there's too much nasty distorted ring from it. Definitely more bass as well.

The snare could be a little louder/more compressed, there's too much nasty distorted ring from it. Definitely more bass as well.

Well i comp'ed the snare little more, took the weird ring out and raised up the bass, but i still feel that the guitar tone sounds off and just not right, the guitar we tracked with was a shecter with Seymour Duncan humbuckers, like the all chrome ones, im starting to just think its the guitar we tracked with because i have never had this problem before, but i have to figure out how to make it right.