Wtf is up with this pod mix(help)

man, this is really thin and weak sounding, especially for pod farm.

the guitars are begging for more bass, perhaps even a bit more gain, and they sound ever so slightly out of tune.

i might scoop them some too, depends on how you want to the whole thing to sound.

out of curiosity, what does it sound like through the 5150?

thanks,

Hmmm. The only suggestions I can make are some low-end boosts, messing around with the mids on the amp, trying out other amp models (the mississippi criminal is a good one) or trying out different guitars through pod farm. Different guitars and all that come with 'em sound different through pod farm.

i would try different guitars, but this is a bands track, and we are done tracking guitars. i just think that with pod farm the guitar tones never going to be the best thing in the mix lol.

i just really need to figure out how to get that we came as romans guitar tone.
thats there all about joeys work, every time i work with a band like that im not fml whyyyyyyyyy lol. no offense.

man, this is really thin and weak sounding, especially for pod farm.

the guitars are begging for more bass, perhaps even a bit more gain, and they sound ever so slightly out of tune.

i might scoop them some too, depends on how you want to the whole thing to sound.

out of curiosity, what does it sound like through the 5150?

thanks,

through the 5150, wayyyyyy to aggressive for there sound.
i mean it tried to tame it out but it wasn't working.

i need to get more live amps.
like i wish i had a really nice JCM 800 setup for this, i could see that sounding really good.

in a way i feel like a more underoath guitar tone would fit this rather well.

i would try different guitars, but this is a bands track, and we are done tracking guitars. i just think that with pod farm the guitar tones never going to be the best thing in the mix lol.

i just really need to figure out how to get that we came as romans guitar tone.
thats there all about joeys work, every time i work with a band like that im not fml whyyyyyyyyy lol. no offense.

Yeah, man, I get that. A LOT of people want the Sturgis sound, and will probably want it for awhile to come...

Yeah, man, I get that. A LOT of people want the Sturgis sound, and will probably want it for awhile to come...

his works great don't get me wrong, but its a pain to listen to all the time.
like theres nothing creative about it anymore, everyone is wanting that sound and i don't like that, i always said i would kinda try to find my own sound and not knock off someone else work.

i like to get ideas from other producers but not just do everything they do, i try to not follow the trend, but then when some bands come in, its like your forced to because thats there sound now, because everything almost sounds the same now of days.

this is just my thoughts not trying to start a online fight or anything :p

just feel that when bands come in they shouldn't be like hey this band mix our shit like theres i hate that lol.

his works great don't get me wrong, but its a pain to listen to all the time.
like theres nothing creative about it anymore, everyone is wanting that sound and i don't like that, i always said i would kinda try to find my own sound and not knock off someone else work.

i like to get ideas from other producers but not just do everything they do, i try to not follow the trend, but then when some bands come in, its like your forced to because thats there sound now, because everything almost sounds the same now of days.

this is just my thoughts not trying to start a online fight or anything :p

just feel that when bands come in they shouldn't be like hey this band mix our shit like theres i hate that lol.

Nah, no online fight threats interpreted. He knows how to make a good sound and how to glue things together well (I have a sweet tooth for his cymbal samples) but he's been doing the same thing for awhile now, and at this point it just sounds like... as I once heard it put, 'douchecore'. Personally I don't think any one producer should have any one sound, to me the mark of a good engineer/producer is being able to get different sounds for different artists, but hey, if you come up with your own style that's REALLY badass and unique then more power to you. Again, that's all my opinion.

I fully agree with you.
Like it was cool when i heard his mixs the first 14 times then it just got boring.
but hey if thats what bands like thats them lol not me.

didnt really read all of the comments so some might have been said.

guitars need to be tuned, guitars need to go down and blended/glu'd with the bass, scoop the mids out of the amp in PF, way less gain, I would cut some of the boxier shit out.

I would start with that, post it back and then we start over and go from there.

You have any idea around where i should scoop the mids,
because i tried that like first thing before and the guitars sounded really muffled.