MELODIC HARDCORE( the ghost inside, A day to remember, For the fallen Dreams. (ish)

Newest clip sounds awesome brah!

Mind sharing some info on the bass? Every time I've used pod farm for bass I never get a decent result

it was pretty simple really
one bass track just used the rock bass head on pod farm.

other one same patch just used tube screamer on it, took out all most all of the low end on the gain track, boosted the mids.

and the clean bass track i scooped at 500hz
and put a lowpass filter to take out the highs.

Im probably going to finish up the final mix and post to later today, theres still little things that im not fully happy with yet.

i changed the kick and toms up a lot today.
There a lot tighter and more together in the mix now.

F*kin love it now man!
I would still do it on the scream one, the T's and S's in it are now the only thing bugging me.

Wouldnt mind a copy of this to have a go at myself if they wouldnt mind. Doesnt hurt to practise hehe.

my only complaint would be the very mono vocals and overall vocal fullness

hmmmmm, i see, welll what should i do about this?

like should i have copy the vocal track twice and have a left and right one?

im not to sure what to do about this, or what your saying i should do about it.

really nothing you can do about it right now (especially if the band isnt coming in to do any other stuff)

but some harmonies would be awesome in the singing parts
and if the screamer is kinda weak (which in this case he is), try double tracking screams and getting a really tight performance. it could really fill in the weakness

to me talking about mono vocals doesnt always mean double track vox and go hard left and right but being able to tell that there is only 1 take right up the middle for the entire song. it could get a tad boring after listening to it this way 10 minutes into the album if you know what i mean.

Edit: I figured I should add before you start throwing vocal pans all over the place. Maybe when trying to do some harmonies, have the lead vocal up the middle and double track the harmony out to the sides anywhere from 25-100, but I dont really go over 75.

Just some stuff to think about and test out next time. its all a learning processes :)

really nothing you can do about it right now (especially if the band isnt coming in to do any other stuff)

but some harmonies would be awesome in the singing parts
and if the screamer is kinda weak (which in this case he is), try double tracking screams and getting a really tight performance. it could really fill in the weakness

to me talking about mono vocals doesnt always mean double track vox and go hard left and right but being able to tell that there is only 1 take right up the middle for the entire song. it could get a tad boring after listening to it this way 10 minutes into the album if you know what i mean.

Edit: I figured I should add before you start throwing vocal pans all over the place. Maybe when trying to do some harmonies, have the lead vocal up the middle and double track the harmony out to the sides anywhere from 25-100, but I dont really go over 75.

Just some stuff to think about and test out next time. its all a learning processes :)

Yeah man i fully understand, this month counted my first year in recording, so vocally( i'm not a vocalist) so i'm not always sure what i should have a vocalist do when there here, i normally try to get a vocalist to layer, but this guy didn't want to layer vocals very much so i did all i could lol.

do you know of anything i could possibly try doing with the mix to make the vocals better?

i feel the way i mixed the vocals there not that bad at all, but i see where your coming from.

do you know of anything i could possibly try doing with the mix to make the vocals better?

try automating the screams with some stereo delay on certain parts (like parts you thing would sound cool. and for stereo delay settings, try something that doesn't necessarily echo but widens the vocals instead. cubase 5 has a setting called "voices in the head" that does just that. i don't know what daw you have, i just know that cubase has a setting for what i'm saying.