Scissors61 DIs (For the fallen dreams ish)

Hate the band, but I'm loving the mix. How long have you been doing this for? Your mixes are impressive.

Yeah i was thinking about brightening up the whole mix in the mastering buss, nothing to much tho, the bass might be just a tad to loud making it seem muddy im not to sure, ill probably mess around with it a little bit later.

overall i like my guitar tone in this.
but i think im going to mess with the drums also, im not to sure if im all for the snare in the mix, i feel it should be less low pitch and have more of a crack.

might make some samples from the snares i have here or something.

After listening again on my monitors, you could still make a small high-end boost on the guitars and the bass track could come down a tiny bit. The lead track could also come up a hair, and the vocals sound like they either need a little less compression or a de-esser. This tone fits the band pretty well, I think. All of the drums could stand to come up just a little bit, a times they tend to get buried under everything else.

After listening again on my monitors, you could still make a small high-end boost on the guitars and the bass track could come down a tiny bit. The lead track could also come up a hair, and the vocals sound like they either need a little less compression or a de-esser. These drums definitely sound better than the DKFH stuff you were doing. Don't take that offensively, DKFH just... leaves a lot to be desired. This tone fits the band pretty well, I think. All of the drums could stand to come up just a little bit, a times they tend to get buried under everything else.

haha actualy i have never used DKFH for the drums :p
i have used the cymbals thats about it, but never the snares,kicks or toms.

i normally always use slate and sometimes blend with the joey black and gold samples just to thicken them up, i hate the joey samples alone by there self, sound like shit, thats just me tho.

Sorry, I'm retarded, that part of my post was supposed to be for another post. Slate+real samples (or as close as you can get) +mixing=great results. The truth custom samples aren't that great by themselves.

Sorry, I'm retarded, that part of my post was supposed to be for another post. Slate+real samples (or as close as you can get) +mixing=great results. The truth custom samples aren't that great by themselves.

yeah man i fully agree they just do not sit in the mix, lol i don't get how they even worked in the we came as romans shit but they dude, oh well more power to him. i like his cymbal samples a lot tho, i just don't have them

personally, i'd de-ess the vocals more, and bring up the high end of the guitars (quite a lot, actually)

other than that, pretty hot!

thanks,

personally, i'd de-ess the vocals more, and bring up the high end of the guitars (quite a lot, actually)

other than that, pretty hot!

thanks,

honestly i'm really not into the real bight guitar tone, like the kinda stuff im into tone wise, is the ghost inside, and the old bury your dead.
mixing wise i'm kinda after the old bury your dead sound.
there mix's have always been my favorite.

I just like a thick dark guitar tone, like in this i had my highs on 6 and only EQ i did was a a lot of lows in my guitars.high pass filter at 60hz, i wanted to have a lot of lows in the guitars that way they sounded thick.

i'm not a fan of taking lots of low end out of my guitars, i like to have a raw edgy sound to them.

l

The cymbal samples are pieces from 'shoulder city', 'screaming simple' and 'dreaming heavy' (I would feel weird saying all those names out loud) from sturgis' website...

ahhh i see, i might try and get them, i just do not have a way to buy them or anything which sucks.