Just started working on the new "Forms" album(bouncy djent heavy)

Jul 31, 2010
The snare sounds waaay to machinge-gun like, specially on those snare rolls. Overall the drums sound too obviously programmed, but that's probably what you're going for, and it's not that they sound bad, they sound powerful, but the fakeness turns me off a bit, specially the snare, don't like it. Still, good job so far, and I like the guitar tone even if you say it's just scratch, definitely got the djent in there haha

haha thanks man.
and yeah im not done editing those snare rolls, i fully agree with you on those rolls, but when ever the snare is not doing rolls i like how it cuts for the most part might need a little more work, i know its still not perfect by any means, but i do not think its like awful :p

also the cymbals are programed :( i really wish we could have at least used real over heads, but hey what can you do lol, ill just have to try and make it work the best i can.

Thanks for the reply tho! :]

Sounds pretty good man! I'd take down some mids of the guitars to clear 'em a bit but it's mainly due to the lack of the bass I guess.
The drums are very 'machine like' (it's about taste) I'm not a big fan of this snare, not enough fat and... metallic? (dunno how to explain duh!)