Fast Brutal tech deathmetal!

snare needs a BIT more "wire" to it but I mean just a BIT. I fucking LOVE this genre SOOO much.

id put more balls into the vox to make them SUPERRRRRR brutal. everything else sounds perfect to me. even the ridiculous sounding SNR blasts actually fit in this style. I would for sure humanize 'em a bit but not too much =D

EDIT: Just saw what this was labeled, is this a NEW 80,000 Dead song!?!?!?

not so keen on the piccolo snare.. but they're not really my thing.

it also doesn't sound like it's as loud as it could be.

awesome song, liking the vocalists growls!

i'd go to their shows just to see the drummer..

thanks,

80 thousand dead, I looked them up the other day wondering when they were going to bring out new material haha.
Sounds promising.

Yeah just don't like talk about this mix much or anything, i just really needed input on this, because this is the first deathmetal mix i have done like this, so im just trying to get everything perfect.

Idk when this will be released or anything.
and i still feel i have some more work to do on this to get this perfect.

But yeah these dudes were very very solid when we were tracking, i hope everyone digs the sound, and if anyone has any input please share.

I'm new to the whole deathmetal mixing thing so this is my first time ever, so any info should be much appreciated.

My only problem is the snare. Almost too poppy for me but has you said they won't change it.
It also sounds a bit overpowering/too loud though.

whats your thoughts on everything else but the snare?

because they really liked that snare, so theres no way im changing it because thats just what there into, all these drums are tones from there drums actual kit.

Maybe blend a sample with more snap so you can lower the volume in the mix, with it still getting through. It's covering the vocals now.

Maybe blend a sample with more snap so you can lower the volume in the mix, with it still getting through. It's covering the vocals now.

well the think is they don't really want the vocals out in the mix that much, from what i was told they want it to kinda blend in with the mix and not be real up front.

I totally understand that, but it's not really blended, it's just covered. If you bring it up a few db, it would be blended just fine.

hmmm, yeah ill give it a try and see how it goes man.
i agree i feel the vocals are to low in the mix.
but they didnt want them loud so i just turned them down.
ill just find a nice in between

other then that, whats your thoughts on the mix?

I think the bass has a bit too much low end movement for this genre, makes the mix a little muddy. This genre usually calls for a tighter bass tone. Try referencing Suffocations self titled album, I'm hearing a similar vibe.

haha i agree, but again that was something they wanted, they wanted the bass up high as fuck in the mix.

they like told me to set the bass in the mix kinda like this

so im kinda glade you said it was up high.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd bring the low end of the guitars down and the low end of the kick up, bring the 50-60hz of the kick up, and see what that sounds like.

guitars almost seem like they need more TS behind the amp?

other than that, really good.

thanks,

i'd bring the low end of the guitars down and the low end of the kick up, bring the 50-60hz of the kick up, and see what that sounds like.

guitars almost seem like they need more TS behind the amp?

other than that, really good.

thanks,

haha i could agree with you there, but they want the whole track to have tons and tons of low end, they still don't think this hits hard enough and im like wtffffff lol. always wanting more bass.

sometimes you have to tell a band to fuck off.

it's up to them to come up with the ideas, but it's up to you to make it all work in a mix, and at the end of the day, if it's not fitting, it's your rep as a producer on the line too, you need to get some sort of compromise.

push back!

thanks,