Fast Brutal tech deathmetal!

Jul 31, 2010
i just started mixing today, this is the first reamp i did, so im not sure to keep it or not.

bass sansamp
guitar 5150 ts808 mesa (v 30's) single sm 57

drums are samples from the drummers pearl visions kit, and the cymbals are sabian aax's.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Eighty-Thousand Dead - Song 1 unfinished reamp 1 loud.mp3

(UPDATE)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/Eighty - 80'000 - pulpified decomposing remnants mix 3.mp3

(UPDATE 2)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13978357/80'000 dead song Raw guitar mix 1 loud.mp3

ohhh yeah i know, i have not got around to humanizing the drums yet, what im basically wondering is how do the actual tones of the track sound good, like the tones of the drums guitars and the bass, i probably will not be done with the full mix for a lil while, ill post it whenever i get it all the way finished.

im just wanting to make sure that the guitar tone is pretty right on for this sound, like i said this is the first reamp i did, so im not to sure yet.
maybe its just me but i feel the tone should be maybe a little darker.

What are you going to do if you want to play live ?? Call Guido Wyss ?? I mean seriously look at those double bass hits at the middle of the songs, like 400 bpm :lol:...
I liked the song, cool vocals..

Dude there drummer plays all that lol, like for real hes super super good, he tracked the drums, i just snapped all the hits to the grid that way it was perfect and tight.

I think we tracked this song around 320 bpm
and the super fast blast's are just gravity blasts.

hahaha.
ill be sure to tell him.

does anyone have any advice on humanizing deathmetal drums when there at this speed.

like idk how i should change up the velocity's on the blasts and gravity blasts, thats like my main think im trying to figure out right now before i go any further into mixing, this is the first mix that i have done anywhere near this speed, so im just kinda learning, i have never tracked or mixed anything deathmetal.

How the hell is it humanly possible to do the double kick work starting about halfway through? Edited-as-fuck takes?

dude like i said i just snapped all his hits he tracked to the grid, this is exactly what the dude plays, we did this before we tracked guitars.

He plays uses triggers live for his kick, so im not changing the kick drum hits at all, im just wondering what the best way to get all the blasts sounding more real, the only thing im editing is hands not feet.

I have no problems believing he can play that fast, though it is pretty epic. I'm not digging that snare sound though, sounds like there are no wires on it at all. Otherwise I like the guitar tones and the overall mix a lot, nice work. :headbang:

I have no problems believing he can play that fast, though it is pretty epic. I'm not digging that snare sound though, sounds like there are no wires on it at all. Otherwise I like the guitar tones and the overall mix a lot, nice work. :headbang:

thanks man, well there wont be any changing that snare, haha thats there favorite part of the mix man :p
its medicine man drum custom snare, its a piccolo, i honestly think it sounds really good for the sound there looking for, like the bands they are all into, that snare fits perfect.

Well if they like it thats more important haha. Thats the only part I find fault with, but clearly that is my own personal taste and a not a reflection on the recording or mixing.

yeah man honestly at first i didn't like the snare, but i started liking it in the mix over time. it just needs to be humanized because right now its way to good to be true, no one hits that consistent, i feel that the 8 inch tom needs to change a little EQed or something, i have had a little trouble trying to get that right to my liking.

would you mind letting us here the drum clip pre-gridlocking?

also, i love the sound of the piccolo snare, always have.

would you mind letting us here the drum clip pre-gridlocking?

also, i love the sound of the piccolo snare, always have.

you should be able to hear everything in the mix that was actually played, i have the overheads and room mics blended with this, we triggered most of the kit so you would just hear little clicks lol.

what im going to do is listen on the overhead it how he was hitting the snare and kinda copy those how he actually hits the drums.

but also all the samples of the kit was just don with a single sm57 on all the drums, the kick btw i did not samples, there like 4 different kicks blended on this right now.

tech deathmetal. that's the genre in which you don't get any chicks, right? haha

this snare fits so good for the style, but perhaps blend it with something more cracky or atleast work the eq to give it some brightness. guitar tone is tits, lacks a bit of attack though, but that's just taste i guess. great job!

tech deathmetal. that's the genre in which you don't get any chicks, right? haha

this snare fits so good for the style, but perhaps blend it with something more cracky or atleast work the eq to give it some brightness. guitar tone is tits, lacks a bit of attack though, but that's just taste i guess. great job!

thanks man.
do you know of what i could do to get a lil more attack in this guitars, and around what freq you think i should EQ the snare?