Problem with audio files in Logic

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
I've got this weird problem with audio files. It sounds like as if Logic plays a little of the actual flie it's supposed to and then it starts playing something completely different in its place, which sounds like absolute shit.

I'm trying to master some tracks but noticed that I need to get back into the projects and back down the snare and bassdrum a little, but I can't because the projects are fucking with me now. It doesn't happen to every audio file, just a few, particularily when there's a long single note (like a break after some riff), apparently.

It's interesting that when I open up the file in the audio editor, it's exactly how it's supposed to be. But in the project it plays wrong and it gets bounced wrong as well. I was supposed to be finished with these tracks today but I guess I fucking won't be able to finish them. :yell::yell:

Here's what happens, for example. There should just be a single chord but all kinds of shit starts happening on the guitars and bass. I should have consolidated when I had the chance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2314572/logicwtf.mp3

Did you try bounce-in-place? (I guess thats how you made the sample, but I'll ask anyways ;) )
Also, did you restart?

I had a similiar problem once, and it was Melodyne fucking something up. So I just muted the plugin and everything was fine. Don't know what happened, and I had to re-tune a whole song.. I bounce everytime I finish melodyne-ing a track now.

yeah, I tried that, didn't help. I also noticed that the files are playing that way with no plugins on, the DIs sound fucked as well. They aren't actually fucked, but they sound like that. :lol:

I'll try disabling Play Engine plugins, they usually give me shit about things. It would be incredibly odd if they're causing this, but I'll give it a shot anyways.