Problem with "Savatage" name, Glenn?

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Just curious...I know that the headliner was never really Savatage the band...it was initially billed as "members of Savatage" as headliners due to the line-up, participants, varying of material, etc.

Anyway...just kind of curious why the "Savatage" title has been completely removed and replaced with Oliva, Stevens, Caffrey, and Wacholz?

Also, while I'm at it, I know that the initial press release covered basic info on the set (rare Sava songs plus some Tage Mahal material), but I'm halfway expecting (dreaming, hoping, whatever) a hodge-podge of material in the set to shake things up (old and new Sava-stuff, Doctor Butcher, CIIC, Tage Mahal) plus a few guest surprises and not really an actual straight "Savatage" set...

Any thoughts or words of wisdom on all this?

Rock on!

The performance was never booked as an official "Savatage" gig. Thus, I did not deal directly with their management. There simply was no need to do so. However, a mere two months after the intial press release, Savatage's management took exception with the use of the logo on the website claiming that I was misleading the public into thinking this was a Savatage show. They wanted to "talk to me about it." Rather than "discuss things", I simply removed all references to Savatage. I love the music industry.

As for the show, Tage Mahal will open it up with a 20 minute set followed by the reunion that will go for 90 minutes.

Glenn H.

Kinda figured it was something bureaucratic like that...way to dodge the issue (haha)!

Somebody just wanted their 10%, I guess!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Rock on!

What the Hell kind of shit is that? Their MANAGEMENT???!! Huh????!?!?!?!? You know, I have the utmost respect for those bandmembers, but come on, can't they reel in those stooges that WORK FOR THEM? Unbelievable!! Those leper whores!! Well, for the management, I have one thing to tell them...I can't wait to see ...SAVATAGE!!!!!!!!!! That's right, Maury...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE... SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE...SAVATAGE... SAVATAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whores. All of Them.

Twenty minutes of new material, and THEN a 90 minute reunion set. . . .

. . .

. . .
. . . . .

I'm practically speechless. That will be just amazing.

Steve

Can someone please give Walter a dollar so he can buy some Ridlin and settle down? BTW I think Taj Majal opening for 20 minutes is AWESOME!!! Its just another KILLER band on the roster as far as I'm concerned. Way to go Glenn!!!!

So who's playing bass for this special Savatage set? I don't see Johnny Lee Middleton listed as a performer for that set. Is someone else filling in or will there be no bass? Just curious.

Thanks
Ballstorm

Jim LotFP said:
If you'd booked an OLD reunion for the show I would have sponsored THAT!

Plotkin and Dubin on a ProgPower stage would blow heads apart. :D
Jim, I just wanted you to know that at least one person on the forum knows what the hell you're talking about and totally agrees. hell, i don't have any money whatsoever but i would have found it somehow to sponser that!!!

Ryan