Problems Recording Dual Rec

Jun 30, 2005
Devon, England
Anyone know how to get a 3 channel dual rectifier with 6l6s to track better ? no matter how i EQ it, no matter how much/little gain i use, it still sounds horrible for single note riffs. My Marshall 8100 tracks better.. which is rather sickening considering how much i bought the mesa for. I'm using an sm57 into my soundcards breakout box. I'd Imagine you've all been asked this question quite often.....but i really need help.

I positioned the mic in literally every possible place before posting this question. Its just an inarticulate sound that doesnt seem to go away no matter where i position the mic. I just want more mid chunk i guess.

It may sound silly, but the best results I've had recording a Rec were from a 58 not a 57. 57's come out way too tinny for my liking.

I've tried both 57 and 58 but both sound the same ( they're basically the same mic ) I was wondering if i should buy a ts9 ? has anyone tried this combination? is it worth it? does it make it easier to track with the amp using this pedal ?

Familia><Publica said:
Anyone know how to get a 3 channel dual rectifier with 6l6s to track better ? no matter how i EQ it, no matter how much/little gain i use, it still sounds horrible for single note riffs. My Marshall 8100 tracks better.. which is rather sickening considering how much i bought the mesa for. I'm using an sm57 into my soundcards breakout box. I'd Imagine you've all been asked this question quite often.....but i really need help.

mayby you should post a mp3 sample of you playing so w can exaclty hear whats going on. :)!

Not a matter of tracking imo. (shit in=shit out)
Try silicon/bold. Right bias (6l6)... Factory bias setting is not (never) totally accurate, see a tech.
Use nice speakers. V30, V12... Not g12t75!
Do not use extreme settings with equ and gain (see andy's settings).
Push the master volume a bit.
Use EMG's if possible (tighter lows on the rectifiers).

~BURNY~ said:
Not a matter of tracking imo. (shit in=shit out)
Try silicon/bold. Right bias (6l6)... Factory bias setting is not (never) totally accurate, see a tech.

Dual recto is fixed bias, you can't change it, to change it you have to modd it

~BURNY~ said:
Use nice speakers. V30, V12... Not g12t75!
Do not use extreme settings with equ and gain (see andy's settings).
Push the master volume a bit.

g12t75 recorded sounds good (not as good as V30 or V12), in a live situation a g12t75 speaker sounds like shit.
Dead heart was G12T75

Maurizio