PROCER VENEFICUS

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
http://www.procerveneficus.com/

Anyone heard this? Ambient, minimalistic acoustic guitar, some "black metal" etc. I'm mildly intruiged. Released 10 discs in 2005 alone, though, so might as well suck. "Ghostvoices" on God is Myth Recs contains Velvet Cacoon cover and the overall concepts, themes & song titles and so forth seem very inspired by VC at times. If anyone has MP3's, please upload?

Have several releases and does VC covers, FUCK THIS SHIT!

Erik, this is not an direct attack to you, but do you support Christian Church or maybe Stryper? Yes? VC is also making a joke of BM, maybe Blackthrone is the next one on your wantlist?

And before you answer the question about you interest towards VC, please remember, this was not against you, but against everything that those acidheads in VC re-presents.

M.Lehto said:
Erik, this is not an direct attack to you, but do you support Christian Church or maybe Stryper? Yes? VC is also making a joke of BM, maybe Blackthrone is the next one on your wantlist?
99% of "BM" is a joke. Almost no bands stand for what they're preaching in their lyrics and interviews; is it different with VC only because they openly admitted to having lied?

yeah, and fuck everyone from Jimi Hendrix to The Beatles to Zeppelin to Sabbath and countless more...

fucking acidheads have never done anything but make a mockery of music :loco:

I think Velvet Cacoon are probably the raddest band in underground metal. That stunt they pulled is Top 10 LOLLERCAUST material fo sho.

Erik said:
99% of "BM" is a joke. Almost no bands stand for what they're preaching in their lyrics and interviews; is it different with VC only because they openly admitted to having lied?

Yes, I somewhat agree with you, but when thinking similar acts, like Blackthrone, they openly mocked BM, before they for some strange reason got their records released by "bm-label" called Suffering Jesus and if I remember right, they were somewhat involved with the CD-circles.

Everyone of us choose their side and I would've thought, that you, Erik, would have stand against acts like VC. I've always seen you as very close minded individual, who doesn't support acts against you believes and those believes...I thought they were what BM stands for, even if you think 99% of BM is shit, you stand there with the remaining 1%.

NADatar said:
I think Velvet Cacoon are probably the raddest band in underground metal. That stunt they pulled is Top 10 LOLLERCAUST material fo sho.

I see people like this a piece of garbage, who doesn't work, who does drugs and basically has nothing to do, so they have time to do pure shit like this.

Fuck 'em all.

WHY I write this here? Because I know here's at least one or two people, who knows what I mean.

M.Lehto said:
Yes, I somewhat agree with you, but when thinking similar acts, like Blackthrone, they openly mocked BM, before they for some strange reason got their records released by "bm-label" called Suffering Jesus and if I remember right, they were somewhat involved with the CD-circles.

Everyone of us choose their side and I would've thought, that you, Erik, would have stand against acts like VC. I've always seen you as very close minded individual, who doesn't support acts against you believes and those believes...I thought they were what BM stands for, even if you think 99% of BM is shit, you stand there with the remaining 1%.
I have never said I see Velvet Cacoon as a black metal act. To me, they're not, and regardless of whether they lied about having released things that never existed, lied about the "dieselharp", lied about live performances -- let me assure you that the music on "Genevieve" is anything but a joke. I did not stop enjoying this release when the true VC (?) was revealed. To me, it still captures a spirit and feeling more GENUINE and INTERESTING than all the complete fucking SHIT that passes for "black metal" these days and gets recorded on home computers and released on shitty tape labels.

If VC makes a mockery of black metal (which I don't think they are doing -- they are making a mockery of Internet bedroom black metal warriors -- you read the FMP board, you know what I'm talking about,) fine: in the state that "black metal" is today it deserves it. The remaining 1% that stay true to themselves and to the genre ideals are not being mocked, and do not care either.

Erik said:
I have never said I see Velvet Cacoon as a black metal act. To me, they're not, and regardless of whether they lied about having released things that never existed, lied about the "dieselharp", lied about live performances -- let me assure you that the music on "Genevieve" is anything but a joke. I did not stop enjoying this release when the true VC (?) was revealed. To me, it still captures a spirit and feeling more GENUINE and INTERESTING than all the complete fucking SHIT that passes for "black metal" these days and gets recorded on home computers and released on shitty tape labels.

If VC makes a mockery of black metal (which I don't think they are doing -- they are making a mockery of Internet bedroom black metal warriors -- you read the FMP board, you know what I'm talking about,) fine: in the state that "black metal" is today it deserves it. The remaining 1% that stay true to themselves and to the genre ideals are not being mocked, and do not care either.

Personally, I don't give a fuck about "dieselharp" or shit like that, but for me, the fact that this was released by FMP was like a glow on my face. I just fucking watched Lordi live (5 songs) from TV and they were more evil and genuine, that VC will be and those people in Lordi, are most attached in church.

I just can't take this and accept people are enjoying this, I just can't, maybe there's something wrong with me.

Fuck this and fuck people supporting this, it's like accepting gospel.

M.Lehto said:
Personally, I don't give a fuck about "dieselharp" or shit like that, but for me, the fact that this was released by FMP was like a glow on my face. I just fucking watched Lordi live (5 songs) from TV and they were more evil and genuine, that VC will be and those people in Lordi, are most attached in church.

I just can't take this and accept people are enjoying this, I just can't, maybe there's something wrong with me.

Fuck this and fuck people supporting this, it's like accepting gospel.
Fine. I respect your opinions and I see where you're coming from, and those are good ideals to hold, but at some point I tire of "scene politics" and have to see the music for what it is. I also can't help but think that stirring up any kind of shit in a "black metal scene" that takes itself far too seriously for what it is ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHING (which is mainly just releasing rehashed shit and creating MySpace pages to whore their Darkthrone clone idiocy) is a good thing.

Erik said:
Fine. I respect your opinions and I see where you're coming from, and those are good ideals to hold, but at some point I tire of "scene politics" and have to see the music for what it is. I also can't help but think that stirring up any kind of shit in a "black metal scene" that takes itself far too seriously for what it is ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHING (which is mainly just releasing rehashed shit and creating MySpace pages to whore their Darkthrone clone idiocy) is a good thing.

And as I already said before, I know what you're talking about. I've also seen the shit all over the so called scene, under a certain name you can release all kind of piece of shit, but I still howl for some boundaries. Maybe this doesn't belong here, but still I feel that supporting a certain name, you're also supporting a rotting scene.

The way I see it, you are supporting the rotting scene far more every time you support a band that does everything to uphold a "true black metal" image & fake ideology they do not back up with actions, and that does nothing but clone better bands that came before them. I tire so fucking much of the fact that literally almost EVERY release that gets passed off as "black metal" these days is of NO artistic merit whatsoever that I would rather just get what I see as innovative, whether or not it is "black metal" of course. I don't see how a band that IS NOT BLACK METAL does any sort of DAMAGE to the "black metal scene".

I see your argument that it is very strange how Full Moon Prod. decided to release "Genevieve", and I would agree up to a point, but then again this album is not generic garbage but something of actual artistic merit, when all extra-musical activities are trimmed away. At least that is better than something devoid of BOTH profound ideology and music with artistic worth.

Erik said:
The way I see it, you are supporting the rotting scene far more every time you support a band that does everything to uphold a "true black metal" image & fake ideology they do not back up with actions, and that does nothing but clone better bands that came before them. I tire so fucking much of the fact that literally almost EVERY release that gets passed off as "black metal" these days is of NO artistic merit whatsoever that I would rather just get what I see as innovative, whether or not it is "black metal" of course. I don't see how a band that IS NOT BLACK METAL does any sort of DAMAGE to the "black metal scene".

I see your argument that it is very strange how Full Moon Prod. decided to release "Genevieve", and I would agree up to a point, but then again this album is not generic garbage but something of actual artistic merit, when all extra-musical activities are trimmed away. At least that is better than something devoid of BOTH profound ideology and music with artistic worth.

If there's only very few releases on BM scene in this year that I can fully support or enjoy, it doesn't mean that I couldn't hate the people making fun of the scene, that still has at least something offer. The hate towards certain movements are eternal, they don't fade away because the scene was not as alive at it was some years earlier, or am I the only one with this feeling?

I can honestly say, that in Finnish scene, there were many better bands than VC, that FMP could have released this year. Hell, Armagedda said they don't support BM-scene as it is, I still think the last Armagedda-release was much better than anything else I heard that year, but at least I knew they never were in it for fooling the sheeps.

EDIT - fuck typos, live with it

If there's only very few releases on BM scene in this year that I can fully support or enjoy, it doesn't mean that I couldn't hate the people making fun of the scene, that still has at least something offer. The hate towards certain movements are eternal, they don't fade away because the scene was not as alive at it was some years earlier, or am I the only one with this feeling?
I think you are wrong in comparing something like Blackthrone to Velvet Cacoon. In Blackthrone's case it is obvious that they are a joke band, existing solely for making fun of black metal. I would never support something like this as not only is it totally uninteresting musically, but also something that completely leaves a foul taste in my mouth as they are making fun of something that I think, in its real form, is something very interesting, worthwhile and genuine. People like this can fuck off, I completely agree with you.

Velvet Cacoon never even touches upon traditional BM themes on their albums. Their MUSIC is NOT a joke, and I cannot stress this enough. They do not go "SATANIC GOATPENIS IN FOREST666" or anything like that; they are not the equivalent of Blackthrone or Impaled Northern Moonforest.

What Velvet Cacoon WAS doing they were doing was demonstrating, very well, how easy it is to fool people on today's shit "Internet scene" into thinking you're something you're not. That this created a huge shitstorm was a good wake-up call for the "scene", I think -- and since I NEVER saw VC as a black metal band, and they themselves have never gone out and said "we're true black metal blah blah blah" (they admitted that their sound was rooted in black metal, which it obviously is, but that having the ideology they have, they aren't a pure black metal band) -- I still enjoy their music for what it is.

I don't see what's so objectionable about this band, honestly, other than your apparent disdain for them doing lots of drugs, which is a matter I will leave out of the discussion. Whatever you may think of using drugs yourself, I think lots of interesting art has been done under the influence of drugs. Or are you going to disregard bands like Ofermod as well (note: not comparing them to VC in any other way) for the members' drug-related activities?

Erik said:
Or are you going to disregard bands like Ofermod as well (note: not comparing them to VC in any other way) for the members' drug-related activities?

Well, do you think Ofermod will release something new in the near future and if not, what is the reason for it?

I only have my suspect of it, but I'm sure the reasons go beyond the normal satanic movement.

I don't even understand what you guys are arguing about, something about the scene and being tr00... so like... Immortal suck too then? I honestly can't believe that they were serious about almost anything they did. Tongue-in-Cheek to the max.

On one hand this is an interesting discussion, but on the other I'm glad I listen to mostly stoner:

dude1: "Why do you like Electric Wizard?"
dude2: "Because they rock my balls off."

Then everyone gets high and makes nice.