Profire 2626 question

Joelegend

Joe not so legend
Jun 5, 2009
Belgium
So i own a Profire 2626. Recorded some guitars earlyer today with my new HB V30 wich is in a selfmade Isolation Cabinet.

Used the Triple XXX with settings: Master @ 12 o clock, Ultra channel: High @ 12, mid @ 8-9, bottom @ 1, volume between 8 and 9 o clock. And gain the same. Damping to loose, and used a OD808 as a boost. It really sounds loud. Used also only one speaker. Used an SM57 on axis abit away from the edge of the cone.

Now the question: how loud do you guys have to turn up your pre-amps of your interfaces? I had to turn it up almost to 3 o clock. To just hit the yellow on my meters in Protools. Wich is alot in my opinion. I do use cheap thoman microphone cables.

2626's pots aren't linear. They use a logarithmic scale, so it's not weird to have them at 15 o'clock with a dynamic mic on moderately loud sources.

Don't those mic need phantom power ? have you read the doc about their response in level, some microphones need more boost than others. Have you checked your MAudio ProFire Control mixer ?

looking at your eq choice, although it sounds loud to your ears, its possible that its not that loud compared to a kick drum for example.

there's not much to go wrong between the mic and the input signal meter on the front of the 2626. it may well be right.

im just wondering if im using a different power supply than the original can that affect how my di's sound