Profire 2626 w/ 2 motu 8 pres into Pro Tools 9

DWatson

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hey guys,

I wanted to record 24 inputs for a quick demo this weekend w/ my Profire 2626 so I borrowed two of my friends Motu 8pre's to run into my Profire 2626 via ADAT ports A and B to get myself there.

My connections are as followed

Profire ADAT A out ---> MOTU(1) ADAT 1-8 in(clock synced to external no issues)
MOTU(1) ADAT 1-8 out ---> Profire ADAT A in

Profire ADAT B out ---> MOTU(2) ADAT 1-8 in(clock synced to external no issues)
MOTU(2) ADAT 1-8 out ---> Profire ADAT B in

All of the units are synced and I can see any input lighting up and I can monitor any one of them in on the Profire 2626 dsp mixer

In pro tools the default inputs were 16 so I created 8 more to give me 24 and I had the set up as this.

Analog 1-8
Optical 9-24

The issue is that I'm seeing no signal in pro tools from the optical inputs 17-24, which would be the 2nd Motu 8pre in the chain.

Now I can see levels on the Motu and I can even monitor and hear the signal on the internal dsp mixer..but nothing comes into pro tools.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Sounds like everything is hooked up correctly, might just be some routing issue in PT.

Protools 9 will do 32 simultaneous inputs and it doesn't care what format they are. 18 was the old LE limit and the 8 analog+ADAT+spdif thing is specific to the 001/2/3 series.
Let's not confuse his issue with misinformation.

Protools 9 will do 32 simultaneous inputs and it doesn't care what format they are. 18 was the old LE limit and the 8 analog+ADAT+spdif thing is specific to the 001/2/3 series.
Let's not confuse his issue with misinformation.
Really? I didn't know that changed with 9.

Ah, shows how much I have kept up with PT over the years. To clarify, I meant to say that may be the problem if there still was a restriction on inputs.