Vancouver
www.audiogeekzine.com
Just got home from a live recording gig
setup
Macbook Pro
External Firewire drive
Pro Tools 8
Profire 2626 x 2 connected with ADAT cables

After about an hour of fucking around getting them to actually work together I get to the gig, start recording the show and the recording gets progressively worse as the clock starts to slip.

I know at least 1 guy on here uses 2 2626s without problems.

Settings%20for%202%20profire%202626.png

That's what it should look like

A totally irrelevant question:

AudioGeekZine, how low can you go in terms of latency/samples with the Profire 2626 interface? If I'm buying one of those which I'm on my way to do, I want to make sure I can track drums through it and monitor WITH plugins without any excessive latency. My M-Audio Delta1010LT currently lets me track stuff with 64 samples which gives me a latency of like 2 ms or so, and I can monitor with ApTrigga on all tracks and EQ/Comp etc without any noticable latency.

I have never used a FireWire interface before so I'm just kinda worried they aren't meant to be "fast" as in letting you to monitor your mics with a bunch of plugins and so on.

The M-Audio stuff (in Pro Tools) buffer goes down to 128, in Reaper you can do 64, maybe even 32.
For guitar sims I like 64, 128 is workable IMO.

One of the best things is the software mixer, you can monitor with zero latency that way.

I think you should be fine, if you've got a quad-core and 4GB of RAM that is.

The M-Audio stuff (in Pro Tools) buffer goes down to 128, in Reaper you can do 64, maybe even 32.
For guitar sims I like 64, 128 is workable IMO.

One of the best things is the software mixer, you can monitor with zero latency that way.

I think you should be fine, if you've got a quad-core and 4GB of RAM that is.

Thanks for the reply!

Yup, I will have a quad core and 4 GB of RAM actually... preparing to order the new computer in a week or so :)

Strange... how come Reaper can go down lower than Pro Tools? This is also something I'm not used to... my Delta1010LT has its latency set from its drivers, so all applications use whatever I have set the driver to.