Profire 2626 skipping, popping

topsoul182

Dec 18, 2009
One day I'm working on a project with no issues at all. The next day its skipping and popping like crazy. I usually adjust the buffer settings while mixing but now it pops if the settings are at the lowest or highest buffer rate. The audio also plays back a lot slower than originally tracked. I have issues with other projects too not just this one. I've tried downloading asio4all and still no help. When I disable all the plug ins it stops cracking but as I add just a few plugins it cracks a lot.

My computer has 4gb of ram, amd athlon II x2 220 processor 2.80 ghz

Im using cubase 5. I just recently downloaded tse x50 and updated B.O.D. .9 to 1.1 but then I removed those and I still have issues

I did have an ada8000 but it was turned off, but I even unplugged it from the 2626 and its still bugging out

I had issues (this was with a USB interface) on my old computer where I'd get pops and clicks.....I had to go into Control Panel and disable Network Adapters, I think it was (wireless card) and it cleared up the issue.

I dont have the internet or virus protection hooked up to this computer, but I think I figured it out. The only thing I changed in the past couple days was I had my amp plugged into that outlet, so I unplugged it and boom, a million times better