Profire 2626 track limit

PaulSOCW

Sep 25, 2009
Ok, after reading a lot of peoples recommendation on here i decided to get a profire 2626 last week even though i was aware of the 18 input/output limit under pro tools m-powered.

So ive been using this fine for a week under windows 7 and today i finally got round to putting the drivers on snow leopard on my macbook.
Load up pro tools m-powered and discover that under os x i can select any of the 26 inputs and outputs

Was anyone else aware of this?

Why the restriction under windows and not os x?

Ok, after reading a lot of peoples recommendation on here i decided to get a profire 2626 last week even though i was aware of the 18 input/output limit under pro tools m-powered.

So ive been using this fine for a week under windows 7 and today i finally got round to putting the drivers on snow leopard on my macbook.
Load up pro tools m-powered and discover that under os x i can select any of the 26 inputs and outputs

Was anyone else aware of this?

Why the restriction under windows and not os x?

Can you actually assign and use all 26 at the same time?

If i remember correctly, the way it works is that although you are free to "select" any input you want, PT will only allow 18 of those to be used at one time.

which is bullshit, pure digidesign bullshit :lol:

I could be wrong though.

This is correct.

You can re-order your inputs in the Profire Control panel.

18 is a lot for a 'home studio' isn't it?

It will let you assign any input, but only the first 18 will pass a signal. You can re-arrange your input in the I/O setup so you can use analogue 1-8, adat 9-16 and spdif 25-26.

If you get a certain version of PTMP (7.3.something i think) and a Profire Lightbridge then there's a bug that allows you to use all 36 in's and outs.