Prog/Psych/Metal CD's For Sale/Trade

Its funny....
The few people I know who like Steel Panther actually like them because of the lyrics.....

I just can't take a band seriously who were formed by ad execs to be in a commercial and then decided to continue as a real band.....

Its funny....
The few people I know who like Steel Panther actually like them because of the lyrics.....

I just can't take a band seriously who were formed by ad execs to be in a commercial and then decided to continue as a real band.....

Depends on your definition of real band I suppose. They definitely are more of a joke band.

Its funny....

not to sound lke AeonicSlumber but you constantly bring that up EVERYTIME like a broken record.

Also I think they were a "hot" LA thing for a while as well playing local shows and stuff. They were actually a band before the commercials. I just read thier bio to confirm and it seems they were a band who I am sure someone from an ad agency saw them play and had them in the commercial. So they were not created from a commercial Again...a total gag but somehow they got known for doing this joke.[/

Well, I stand corrected.
I suppose that's the risk you take in having your first commercial exposure in an ad.
Doesn't matter what I think as it seems they are doing quite well.

I suppose I also always assumed that since their commercials came out around the time labels were "putting together" bands in the 90s, like Limp Bizkit, Goldfinger, etc, etc.....

Well, I stand corrected.
I suppose that's the risk you take in having your first commercial exposure in an ad.
Doesn't matter what I think as it seems they are doing quite well.

I suppose I also always assumed that since their commercials came out around the time labels were "putting together" bands in the 90s, like Limp Bizkit, Goldfinger, etc, etc.....

The commercial actually came way after all those bands did. I see the commercial came out in 2001. Way after all those "put together" acts. From a quick google search ( you ought to try that once) it seems that they were a 80's cover band act in the LA club area. Then spawned off into what they are now. I know even before they did tours it was a "hot act" too see when being in LA. Kind of like going to Blue Man Group.

Honestly...I think it is a lame joke and a lamer act. I am not trying to defend them in anyway. I think it is funny that all these people who love them were the same people back then who hated hard rock / glam rock.

I have zero desire to GOOGLE the history of Steel Panther.
To me they will always be DANGER KITTY from the commercials who dress worse than Hairbangers Ball.
PASS!

I have zero desire to GOOGLE the history of Steel Panther.
To me they will always be DANGER KITTY from the commercials who dress worse than Hairbangers Ball.
PASS!

I know but they were actually a band that was around for a while, well cover band, who got a gig in a commercial. It would be if a band from Chicago got in a commercial as another act for the sake of the commercial.

I give the band credit for running with thier luck and gamble. it paid off huge for them. I would never see them live or support them in any way because my hatred for the hard rock / glam rock LA scene but for some odd reason people want to hold on to those days. I lived through that mess and no need to relive it. It is like Nam for me.

YEah, I get your point, and retract my statements since it seems they truly WERE a band prior to the commercials.

I am sure given the chance, bands like Hairbangers Ball, etc would do the same thing.

More power to em I suppose.

I really doubt though that their success has made their fans go back to buy Slaughter, Winger, or Skid Row albums.

Hey, he already made 3 potential transactions out of this thread.
That's over half the people who post on this forum!!!!

The rest of these postings are for pure entertainment purposes only....