ProgPower 2008 Reviews/Photos on Metal Discovery

Mark H

www.metal-discovery.com
Sep 12, 2006
Lincoln, UK
www.metal-discovery.com
Hi all :heh:

My reviews/photos of this year's ProgPower are now online. Here's a link to the first page:
http://www.metal-discovery.com/Live/Live3/progpower2008_overviewfriday.htm

Wolverine reviews & photos are on Saturday Part 1 and Sunday Part 2 pages (links at top or bottom of each page). I'm not happy with my Saturday photos as the lighting was poor (in fact, I don't think the lighting guy woke up until later that night!). There are some okay shots from Sunday though.

Interview to follow very soon!

:kickass:

Hi all :heh:

My reviews/photos of this year's ProgPower are now online. Here's a link to the first page:
http://www.metal-discovery.com/Live/Live3/progpower2008_overviewfriday.htm

Wolverine reviews & photos are on Saturday Part 1 and Sunday Part 2 pages (links at top or bottom of each page). I'm not happy with my Saturday photos as the lighting was poor (in fact, I don't think the lighting guy woke up until later that night!). There are some okay shots from Sunday though.

Interview to follow very soon!

Mark

I can't thank you enough for the kind words in your reviews! I'm honoured, truly, and flattered. I also want to say that it was very nice to meet you for the interview (and the other chat) in Baarlo.

Thank you so much /Thomas

Beautifully written Mark! I reckon Hannah also took part in it so cheers to her as well!Truly looking forward to reading the interview.
Hugs to you both,B

Mark

I can't thank you enough for the kind words in your reviews! I'm honoured, truly, and flattered. I also want to say that it was very nice to meet you for the interview (and the other chat) in Baarlo.

Thank you so much /Thomas

Kind words that are well deserved. And yeah, great chatting with you too :) Always cool to meet an anglophiliac!

Beautifully written Mark! I reckon Hannah also took part in it so cheers to her as well!Truly looking forward to reading the interview.
Hugs to you both,B

Thanx :) And hehe! :lol: It's all my own work. 5,000+ words of reviews and many late nights! Hannah did share most of my opinions though!

Hey Mark! Lovely review, very flattering! :) Is there any chance to get those photos in hi-res? cheers /Marcus

So pleased you enjoyed the reviews. It's difficult to convey such musical awesomeness in words, but I had a go! (I've sent you an email about the photos).

Hugs to you both,B

I did offer my services, but Mark was happy to write the whole thing (although I was chief notetaker for the weekend ;) ). But his sentiments echoed mine entirely :) Hugs to you both as well & hope our paths cross again :kickass:

I did offer my services, but Mark was happy to write the whole thing (although I was chief notetaker for the weekend ;) ). But his sentiments echoed mine entirely :) Hugs to you both as well & hope our paths cross again :kickass:

Taking notes is an important art-form in itself! It was great seeing you in Baarlo as well. Hopefully we'll all come together at future events in England. It would be great to go back and play a few songs! Anyway, hope everything will work out well with the ptyochemicals (spell like that?) and whatever it's called what you're doing!

Tada, as the sheep-shaggers say

Taking notes is an important art-form in itself! It was great seeing you in Baarlo as well. Hopefully we'll all come together at future events in England. It would be great to go back and play a few songs! Anyway, hope everything will work out well with the ptyochemicals (spell like that?) and whatever it's called what you're doing!

Tada, as the sheep-shaggers say

I actually didn't take any notes for Wolverine as I was far too busy enjoying the music :headbang: ! A wise decision I thought :)
It would be great to see you all live again soon, so fingers cross for a UK date in the future. Thanks also for your good wishes about my course (its technically phytotherapy/herbal medicine, but you weren't far wrong! http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/courses/shsc/undergraduate/herbalmedicine/index.asp ). Hope your final few terms with your course go well too.

Sheep shaggers?? Is this something to do with Creature Comforts again??

Sheep shaggers?? Is this something to do with Creature Comforts again??

Well, actually not. I have learned that Welsh people might, every now and then, be referred to as sheep shaggers. I thought every single English person used this expression when speaking about them sheep shaggers.

Well, actually not. I have learned that Welsh people might, every now and then, be referred to as sheep shaggers. I thought every single English person used this expression when speaking about them sheep shaggers.

'Tis true, although I haven't heard it used for many years. Maybe in this overly P.C. country we live in, it's one of those phrases that's gradually being lost! Mind you, coming from Lincolnshire (ie, land of the potato farming industry), I haven't heard the term 'spud muncher' for a while either!