Progpower dream.. sorry for the new thread.

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
I know recently there was another thread about this, but I just wanted to share mine. Last night, I dreampt PP9's first night had played out, and Elvenking played, and they just TORE the fest up, it was awesome. I remember dreaming that the whole night kicked serious ass, but for whatever reason, in my dream, I could NOT remember who else played because I was so enamored with EK's performance. Being awake, I do remember one other Solo Artist with band playing, but it wasn't anyone real, this was more of a young playboy who I remember was a cool guy and played some badass power metal.

That said, this makes me feel like a total lunatic fanboy, and I assure you I'm not a lunatic. The only other dream about a band I've had has been Blind Guardian, and I had dinner with the members.

Very odd, especially for someone who doesn't remember his dreams often.

Carry on.

Edit: PP8 to PP9 :p

Hahaha, or you're just crazy.

Actually, a dream convinced me to attend my first ProgPower (VII). I discovered the festival through various web browsing, and spent one afternoon idly looking up all the bands on the roster and listening to their song clips on the website. I became convinced it would be an amazing time, but since my parents were generally against concerts and the tickets expensive, I didn't seriously consider going. That night, I dreamt I was a ProgPowerUSA attendee. The bands were so much fun, the crowd hilarious, and we sat on long tables in a viking hall. When I woke up, I had chills. I knew I needed to go. I mentioned it to my mom, and to my surprise, she bought me two tickets for my 18th birthday!

The rest, as they say, is history. Nailz, maybe this means you are going to have the best time in world with Elvenking, much like I had the best time in the world at ProgPower.

You guys are weird.

That said I had a dream the other night that Nightwish performed at ProgPower, but for some reason Floor Jansen was their lead singer. Except she had the singing voice pretty much of Anette, and she was incredibly nervous. So I gave her advice, and told her to really just sing it, and belt it out and enjoy herself. First song, mic didn't work and they had lots of technical issues at first and the sound guy in a brilliant german accent was like 'its not my fault I've never used this kind of system before' as smoke is coming out of the soundboard. Its okay we got it fixed, after pulling out some.. slot/punchcard like devices...

I've had other progpower dreams before such as me being in a band (can't remember which) and as soon as we were to perform I suddenly forgot how to play every song, so I kept watching the bassist and just did the power chords to the notes he was hitting. We then closed the curtains, regrouped, and I was told to just wing it and have fun, crowd was booing.. we started up again and slayed.

I should probably spend less time on these forums and listening to metal eh?

last night/this morning, i had a dream that i was at next year's Showcase, and the schedule for the next night involved the couple bands i wasn't so into this year, as well as one or two from next year's lineup and the headliners *still* hadn't been announced yet.

I had one a long time ago. All the PP people I know where in the lobby playing cards, and hanging out. I finally said, "I wanna go see some bands." and went in. The venue was really weird and big. Everybody else just kept playing cards.

Hahaha, or you're just crazy.

Actually, a dream convinced me to attend my first ProgPower (VII). I discovered the festival through various web browsing, and spent one afternoon idly looking up all the bands on the roster and listening to their song clips on the website. I became convinced it would be an amazing time, but since my parents were generally against concerts and the tickets expensive, I didn't seriously consider going. That night, I dreamt I was a ProgPowerUSA attendee. The bands were so much fun, the crowd hilarious, and we sat on long tables in a viking hall. When I woke up, I had chills. I knew I needed to go. I mentioned it to my mom, and to my surprise, she bought me two tickets for my 18th birthday!

The rest, as they say, is history. Nailz, maybe this means you are going to have the best time in world with Elvenking, much like I had the best time in the world at ProgPower.
Aww, that is a really great story!

I can't believe all the people that dream of ProgPower. WOW!