ProgPower Europe 2006 news

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
It is going to take more than 6 months until the 8th edition of ProgPower Europe will take place, but we already confirmed 8 bands! The festival will be held again in JC Sjiwa, Baarlo (L), The Netherlands, the same venue as in previous years. The bands that wil definitely play this year are:

Friday 29 September (free pre-party)
ZERO GRAVITY (Belgium)

Saturday 30 September
MERCENARY (Denmark)
CHAOSWAVE (Italy)
ANOTHER MESSIAH (The Netherlands)

Sunday 1 October
RIVERSIDE (Poland)
COMMUNIC (Norway)
DARK SUNS (Germany)
PANTOMMIND (Bulgaria)

This means that we have 1 more band to go for Friday, 2 for Sunday and 3 for Saturday. We are negotiating details with the remaining bands, we hope to complete the line-up before the end of this month. If we are able to book the bands we have in mind we will offer you a very interesting headliner for Saturday, and some other great bands of which 2 of them never played (Western) Europe before. So the overall line-up will be once more very diverse, but very strong!
Check out the ProgPower website for the line-up!

oops, never posted this May news, well I better now... ;)

With proud we confirm the complete line-up now for ProgPower Europe 2006. We have negotiated with several bands, not all the bands were available for this year so we have decided to go for the best options possible. This means that we will have 2 headliners for Saturday 30 September, both the Dutch amazing newcomer TEXTURES as well als Danish MERCENARY will play for 1 hour and 15 minutes. RIVERSIDE will end this year's edition of the festival witha 2 hour show. Besides TEXTURES, the following bands complete the line-up: DREAMSCAPE, EPHEL DUATH and VOYAGER.

This means the following final line-up for ProgPower Europe 2006:

Friday 29 September 2006 (free pre-party)
DREAMSCAPE (germany)
ZERO GRAVITY (belgium)

Saturday 30 September 2006:
MERCENARY (denmark)
TEXTURES (the netherlands)
SCAR SYMMETRY (zweden)
EPHEL DUATH (italy)
CHAOSWAVE (italy)
ANOTHER MESSIAH (the netherlands)

Sunday 1 October 2006:
RIVERSIDE (poland)
COMMUNIC (norway)
DARK SUNS (germany)
VOYAGER (australia)
NOVA ART (russia)
PANTOMMIND (bulgaria)

Greetings,
Rene Janssen
ProgPower Europe 2006

www.progpower.com

SPHERE OF SOULS replaces PANTOMMIND (Sunday 20 August)

Unfortunately we received the bad news that Bulgarian band PANTOMMIND had to cancel ProgPower Europe because they lost 2 members last month. Here is the official statement of the band and their management: "It is with sad heart and mind that we have to announce the cancellation of Pantommind on this year's ProgPower Europe Festival. The reason for the cancellation is that Pantommind have lost not 1, but 2 members of the band within just one month(after the Sunny X's leaving, Peter Vichew, our second guitarist just decided to continue his career by his own), and due to those circumstances it is simply impossible to do a performance that would be representative of the band and the perfectionism we stand for. We are truly sorry and hope that the fans that had anticipated Pantommind's performance will have a chance to see the band live in a not too distant future. Thanks for your support!"

As the replacement we have booked the Dutch newcomer SPHERE OF SOULS. This means that they will open the second day of this year's ProgPower Europe festival on Sunday 1 October. The band has released their debut album earlier this year through Lion Music from Finland and the reactions are really good. SPHERE OF SOULS is definitely one of the new Dutch hopes in the progmetal scene and therefore we give them a chance at ProgPower. On stage the band will be supported by After Forever keyboard player Joost van den Broek.

Limited number of package deals available (Sunday 20 August)

We just have to inform you that a limited number of package deals is still available, but sales will close at 3 September, because than we have to inform Kasteel de Berckt how many people will stay at the castle during ProgPower. The package deal includes a weekend ticket and a stay for 2 or 3 days at Kasteel de Berckt (bed and brakfast), a 4-star group accommodation with rooms for 1 to 6 people. Kasteel de Berckt is about 2 km from Sjiwa, it is probably the cheapest place to stay during the festival. We really can recommend you to book the package deal if you will come both days and need a place to stay, but you better order it as soon as possible because sales of the package deals will close on Sunday 3 September. Check out the tickets page for detailed information.

A package deal includes a weekend ticket plus a stay at Kasteel de Berckt, a very nice and cheap hotel, close to the venue. It's a castle with several rooms for 2 people or more, many bands that play the festival stay there too.

A package deal will cost € 135,- for 3 nights and € 112,50 for 2 nights.
Weekend tickets will cost € 50,- and are for sale now.
Day tickets will cost € 27,50 and are for sale now.

ppeurope2006_flyer.jpg

I personally don't agree with you there.

There are 5 bands alone that I really love (Mercenary, Textures, Chaoswave, Dark Suns and Communic), 3 bands I think are really good regardless of my own taste (Scar Symmetry, Ephel Duath, Riverside). I never could get into Voyager and the other bands I don't know (yet)...

I'm not the biggest progfan and usually the bill doesn't even hold as many bands I really like. But I always get surprised by some bands. And besides that it's a festival with a unique homey atmosphere, good people and a good organisation. A highlight of the year no matter which bands play, so by no means does it EVER suck to me :kickass:

Marlies said:
I'm not the biggest progfan
Hhhm,do you said:"prog"???????
There are only 2 or 3 true prog bands on the bill this year....I think the PP USA is much more "proggy",than PPE.

Marlies said:
And besides that it's a festival with a unique homey atmosphere, good people
Here I completely agree with you:)

ah it's true that PPE has become less prog over the years to reach a bigger audience, but it's fine by me. I haven't checked PPUSA's billing, but in the beginning they were the ones with hardly any prog on board. either way I love the EU festival always, and the bands I like are a bonus ;)