progpower europe website down?

Hi,

The website was hacked!!!! We use Joomla, the open source CMS but unfortunately some assholes hacked the website. Don't ask me what the fun is to do this, but there are some people on this planet who enjoy things like this. I simply don't get it.

Our hosting partner tries to save the databases, but if things can't be recovered we have to build up the site from scratch! We will do our best but we don't think the website will be back until next week.

Sorry for this.

Rene

Hi,

The website was hacked!!!! We use Joomla, the open source CMS but unfortunately some assholes hacked the website. Don't ask me what the fun is to do this, but there are some people on this planet who enjoy things like this. I simply don't get it.

Our hosting partner tries to save the databases, but if things can't be recovered we have to build up the site from scratch! We will do our best but we don't think the website will be back until next week.

Sorry for this.

Rene

I noticed this the other day. I went to the site and got some terrible one-pager written in Polish (I believe) whose title was something like "Hakkz0red!"

Too bad...hope to see it back up soon.

I've had this happen before on some client sites. With Joomla, you have to keep it 100% up to date (including any mods you add to it) as security patches are released or you will most assuredly get hacked at some point. Also, I would not be surprised if you have some files they uploaded sitting on your server so check every file/folder by date and look for new files you do not recognize.

If you rebuild, you may want to look into using Wordpress as a CMS.