Progpower europe

http://www.multimap.com/ -- Really handy for places that aren't in the U.S., for which MapQuest usually works.

There are apparently three possibilities for Baarlo in the Netherlands -- Baarlo is the PP Europe city now. It's unfortunate that it's no longer held in Tilburg at the 013, which was a really neet venue for the first-ever PP Europe (in 1999). I'm told Tilburg is a lot easier to get to by train, also. From Amsterdam Schiphol (airport) to Tilburg, I was lucky enough to have a ride from a 'local,' Dennis (ex-Within Temptation), but I rode the train back to Amsterdam/Schiphol, and that was a breeze. Apparently, Baarlo isn't quite so well situated. :(

I thought it was to the north and east of Amsterdam on a map, but I might be misremembering.

Pellaz said:
I thought it was to the north and east of Amsterdam on a map, but I might be misremembering.

You are ;)

Baarlo is situated at the east-border of Holland (Amsterdam is close to the west-side of Holland) almost at the German border. (Pellaz had the east part right, but it's more south than Amsterdam). Distance is about 100 miles (160 km)
from Amsterdam/Airport. Baarlo is a very small village, closest city is Venlo.

Been there during the past 5 PP festival's and at the first one in Tilburg. Compared to Earthlink it's a very small venue (capacity 500). Very cool and great atmosphere. Getting to Baarlo for a foreign visitor can be compared to the trip i had to make at PPusa 1 from Chicago airport to Lansing. Hotels are not as close as they are in Atlanta (and Lansing) but René is working on a new option not that far from the venue (see the info at PP europe's website)

If you need more detailed info, just drop me a PM

Henk

Sorry man, I have only went to the Netherlands once and that was on a sightseeing tour, but man I'd fucking love to go there and attend that festival. I haven't even attended to the American one hah.