ProgPower Europe

The replacement, hopefully the last one, is ready. Polish band Animations will play on the sunday in place of Abnormal Thought Patterns. They will play just before the dinner break, while Obsidian Kingdom take the after-dinner spot that ATP had.

ProgPower Europe 2015 is history, and it was once again an incredible weekend. Nice weather, great music and not least awesome people. Musical highlights were Pagan's Mind, Enchant and Leprous.

Till next year, Baarlo.

In the festival program for the 2015 edition, 4 bands were announced for next year. They are....

• Earthside (US)
  • Subterranean Masquerade (International)
  • 6:33 (France)
  • Chaos Divine (Australia)

Totally stoked for Earthside, it will be so awesome. Chaos Divine is pretty good, and the other two seem interesting as well. Very solid start for PPE 2016!

And the bar has been raised once more. After several years on the promoters' list, DISTORTED HARMONY is finally ready for their first ProgPower Europe appearance.

And I am absolutely lost for words. The ONE band I've been wanting for years, and now it's a reality. Incredible :worship:

So, we already have Earthside AND Distorted Harmony in the same line-up... and there is still 9 bands to go. If they continue with these downight EPIC bookings, I'm not sure I can handle it all :hotjump:

Distorted Harmony join Earthside, Chaos Divine, Subterrenean Masquerade and 6:33 as confirmed bands for ProgPower Europe 2016. For more info, see http://www.progpowereurope.com/

Last edited:
This seems to never end. Another band booked, and this time a headliner. Not just any headliner though; THRESHOLD will return to ProgPower Europe after 8 years! The british prog-metallers are the first of 3 headliners to be announced, and join the 5 other bands already booked. They were one of the "bigger" bands I wanted the most, so I'm absolutely thrilled. WHAT a line-up this is turning out to be... :headbang:

The line-up for PPE 2016 so far:

Threshold (UK)
Distorted Harmony (IL)
Chaos Divine (AU)
Earthside (US)
Subterranean Masquerade (INT)
6:33 (France)

Last edited:
The newest addition is a bit "outside the norm". Playing cinametic post-rock, UK duo NORDIC GIANTS will embrace the ProgPower audience in 2016. They join Threshold, Earthside, Distorted Harmony, Chaos Divine, Subterranean Masquerade and 6:33, and we now have 7 of the 14 bands ready.

Last edited:
And the second headliner is ready. Returning after only 2 years, New Yorkers JOLLY will once again enter the stage at JC Sjiwa. In 2014 they played the whole "The Audio Guide to Happiness" in full, this time they will also play songs of their upcoming, crowdfunded album, aptly named Family.

8 bands ready then, and 6 to go.

New year, new band announcement; post-rock band ATMOSPHERES from Belgium is the latest addition to the ProgPower lineup.

2 new confirmations.

French atmospheric prog metallers KLONE will return after 6 years. They will play as band number 3 on Sunday.

They played the first edition of ProgPower Europe, and have since returned many a times. With a new album in the pipeline, the moody swedes of WOLVERINE will once again grace the stage at JC Sjiwa. They will play as "co-headliner" on the Sunday, just before Threshold.

12 bands announced, and now only 2 more left. As always, visit http://www.progpowereurope.com/ for all your information about the festival.

Great line-up. Its awesome to see so many awesome prog festivals now: UK Tech fest, Euroblast, Be Prog! My friend, Night of the Prog. Without question ProgPower Europe was a pioneer in showing a prog festival can work.

And the last 2 bands are confirmed. Italian progressive death metal band SADIST and Bulgarian dark ambient metal quartet SMALLMAN complete this year's line-up. They will be the first 2 bands up on the sunday.

Also confirmed, for the thursday pre-party, are dutch melodic prog group DREAMWALKERS INC, led by ProgPower attendee Tom de Wit. They will perform an acoustic set at Kastle de Berckt.

Complete line-up, ProgPower Europe 2016:

Jolly (US)
Textures (NL)
Threshold (UK)
Wolverine (S)
Chaos Divine (AUS)
In Mourning (S)
Subterranean Masquerade (ISR)
Distorted Harmony (ISR)
Klone (FR)
Nordic Giants (UK)
Atmospheres (BEL)
6:33 (FR)
Sadist (IT)
Smallman (BUL)

Last edited:
Unfortunelately Earthside had to cancel their perfomance at ProgPower Europe. The band replacing them is In Mourning from Sweden.

ProgPower Europe 2016 was the best one so far. Incredible lineup, fantastic atmosphere as usual, and the sound was much improved from last year. My personal favorites:

• Distorted Harmony
  • Chaos Divine
  • Threshold
  • Nordic Giants

First band for next year is already announced. KAUAN from Russia play atmospheric doom metal/post-rock, and will grace the stage at JC Sjiwa. Next year's edition takes place 6.-8. October 2017.

Reactions: MelbCro