Progpower III

Believe me, I'd much rather see Nightingale again. Edguy does nothing for me. Might be an excuse for me to go waste $ on merchendise or get a few beers or take a nap (like I did during Symphony X last year).

But...as much as I do like Nightingale and would love to see them I understand the rationale behind not having them there this year.

First, the promoter has adopted a no repeat policy for consecutive years from PPUSA II on forward. He needs to have marquee names in order to be profitable and in order to draw a sellout crowd. This goes a long way to establishing his legitimacy. I know that the promoter didnt break even last year and this year needs to do well in order to keep things going.

That being said, I've heard that ticket sales for PPUSA III have been VERY strong. I say more power to him. A bust-out year for PPUSA will probably let him do more in the future.

Finally, I think its the promoter's philosophy to always have one 'fringe' band on the roster. This year's fringe artist would have to be Devin Townsend. Last year it was Nightingale. Hopefully Mr. Raggi will scheme another awesome way to get Dan and co. over to the USA again someday 'cause I'd love to see and hear an hour+ of Nightingale material live. That would be a show for the ages.

Harley

Originally posted by KaptainKrude
Finally, I think its the promoter's philosophy to always have one 'fringe' band on the roster. This year's fringe artist would have to be Devin Townsend. Last year it was Nightingale.

PLUG PLUG

I sponsored Nightingale last year, and I'm co-sponsoring Devy this year.

I AM ON THE PROG FRINGE!

;)

Just to clarify...the festival name can be read as PROGpower or progPOWER. The idea is to bring in the best of both the progressive and power metal genres. Plus, throw folks a curveball as well.

Only 50 tix left...

Glenn H