ProgPower Packing Checklist

Not that i'm afraid of rain, but i've cut my hair even shorther than it is on the avatar......so it will look just as great when i get out of bed as it did when i stumbled in to bed:lol:

I have the same before-after bed hair too :lol: My complicated hair styling technique involves washing and conditioner, then having a large breakfast with coffee :headbang:

Now Printing: Detailed train trip itinerary.

I'm just wondering...
will your incredible travel luck make this trip a real adventure?

is it possible the train get's delayed and we miss some connection... or anything else like that?:cry:

Worried? :p I usually print out the itinerary of our train, plus the next two on the same route in case of delays. We leave early enough in the morning that every route has an hourly train, even if we get rerouted through another city. Also, in order to make supper on Friday we can be up to 2.5 hours late arriving in Venlo and take a taxi directly to the restaurant....

Yes, my travel luck is bad enough that I plan for disasters :cry:

...and seems it's rubbed of on ... you know who ;)

*nod* To be fair, that was his own fault for misreading the ticket and not due to some random snow storm, delay or the airline forgetting to send your return trip payment to the partner airline so you can get home (thankfully I had the visa reciept and boarding passes from the first flights) :mad:

woah! bad travel luck eh?

Anyways, me and my mates will be arriving in Eindhoven around 3pm and in Venlo around 3:45pm if all goes well. Apparently the NS (dutch railways) has some trouble with the electric lines above the tracks near Venlo and that won't be fixed till the 5th of October. Because of this there may be a small delay, or less trains, or busses instead of trains at some point. If you guys want me and my mates to wait around on either Eindhoven or Venlo station for those of you less accustomed to the dutch railway system than us, lemme know!

Should be a short bustrip from Venlo station to the Castle, so if we don't have to wait around for anybody, we should be there right after Mattias and perhaps before Kirsty & her fellowship.

Hmm! Thanks, good to know in advance! We arrive in Venlo on the 15:57 from Dusseldorf (we depart Dusseldorf at 14:48 on the RE9022 in case anyone is catching the same train). Sadly I'm getting to be an expert at the train systems in most of Europe as a result of my travel luck :D and :(

I'll try to be in Baarlo around 15.30/16.00 depending on traffic conditions in Germany... and I'll probably pack far too much stuff, most of which I probbaly won't need.