ProgPower Parking

Wandrail

I'm your Huckleberry
Sep 29, 2002
Urban Sprawl, GA
I haven't been to ProgPower in a couple years or so...last one I was at, Kamelot and Edguy were playing, to give you some idea...but I always used to park in a small parking garage down that side street right next to the venue. I know there have been a bunch of things changed in that general vicinity, so is that parking garage still there and if so will we still be able to use it?

The parking garage across the venue on the right side is iffy. They claim they close at like 10 or 11pm, and lock it down. I swear two years ago I parked there anyhow and was fine... but last year I read the signs and decided not to risk it in case something was changed. There is also parking right down the street from the venue (well right before you get to the venue) on the left side. I've parked there and it was fine. You just have to call a number at night to get them to open it up so you can go in. Or there's an unprotected one next to it and I parked there once last year and was fine.

You can also park underneath the venue. I did that once last year and was good. I believe all were around the same price, and all allowed me fairly quick exit at the end of the night. A lot of people are walking distance from the venue so parking doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

There are those who tempt fate by parking down the road at one of the grocery stores type of lots. I haven't done this and won't. I don't need to leave the venue at 12, 1, 2am only to find no car.

I haven't been to ProgPower in a couple years or so...last one I was at, Kamelot and Edguy were playing, to give you some idea...but I always used to park in a small parking garage down that side street right next to the venue. I know there have been a bunch of things changed in that general vicinity, so is that parking garage still there and if so will we still be able to use it?

I think you're referring to the garage down the side street past John Marshall Law Center? It's still there; I used it once last year without any problems. It's a pretty weird lot, though. I'd have used it probably on Wed. night, so I likely left earlier than, say, 1am. I don't recall any problem getting to the car, but with PP's later show times, there could be an issue.

Hmm...yeah I'm talking about the one where, if you leave the venue and go left, then take that immediate left onto that little one way street, there's like a small 3 floor parking garage for people who live in those buildings right there. But i've always parked there at any ProgPower i've attended. Guess i'll just find out when I get there! I know I can always pay to park...but I just hate that, and the other place is so convenient. I'll be coming from the Sandy Springs area but I'm sure as hell not taking MARTA. One of the last times I had that bright idea was after going to the ASO and I had to watch some cracked out/drunk guy fall down and piss himself. At that moment, I decided to not take MARTA again if I could help it. :)

Thanks for the info!

Hmm...yeah I'm talking about the one where, if you leave the venue and go left, then take that immediate left onto that little one way street, there's like a small 3 floor parking garage for people who live in those buildings right there. But i've always parked there at any ProgPower i've attended. Guess i'll just find out when I get there! I know I can always pay to park...but I just hate that, and the other place is so convenient. I'll be coming from the Sandy Springs area but I'm sure as hell not taking MARTA. One of the last times I had that bright idea was after going to the ASO and I had to watch some cracked out/drunk guy fall down and piss himself. At that moment, I decided to not take MARTA again if I could help it. :)

Thanks for the info!

If you're looking for a ride so you don't have to drive, you could ride with us... we will probably be leaving here (Roswell/Sandy Springs--off Roswell Rd near the river) around 4-4:30 and who knows when we'll be back, but if you're the adventurous type... ;)

Shaye

If you're looking for a ride so you don't have to drive, you could ride with us... we will probably be leaving here (Roswell/Sandy Springs--off Roswell Rd near the river) around 4-4:30 and who knows when we'll be back, but if you're the adventurous type... ;)

Shaye

Thanks for the offer, but I do prefer the freedom of leaving whenever I please. Plus I have to get there late Friday night due to work. I'm gonna miss Communic. :cry: Awfully kind of you though.