@ Progpower Photographers / Sponsers with DSLRs

I can't afford to be a sponser... I did search out and read the FAQs after I made the post...

Like someone else said, I don't want band pics - just pal pics 'cause there's not much to look back on pics wise (friends) from last year and I regret that a little... but understand why

Guess I'll have to shell out some $$ for some throw aways n' pray for the best!!

I'm looking at a Canon 50D myself and should have one before next year.
Have this,its amazing.
And seconded about using the 50mm 1.8,I'm going to be getting an 85 1.8 as well

Too bad I'm not a sponser of press,but i will have it with me Wed,and i have a shoot Fri at sunset(will be missing the first few bands)

Wow Drew, I didn't what you can do with a RAW file. I'm a photo newb and always just shot in jpg.

I don't have a fancy DSLR but recently picked up a Canon SX110. Kind of an inbetween of a point-and-shoot and a SLR. I'm interested to see how my pics come out this year, and I'm gonna try some of the above recommendations.

You should see some of the raw files I've got from last year's progpower. It's utterly unbelievable what you can do with them to fix your mistakes. Some photos I thought a complete lost cause last year I've been able to salvage with what I've learned since.

Wow Drew, I didn't what you can do with a RAW file. I'm a photo newb and always just shot in jpg.

I don't have a fancy DSLR but recently picked up a Canon SX110. Kind of an inbetween of a point-and-shoot and a SLR. I'm interested to see how my pics come out this year, and I'm gonna try some of the above recommendations.

Yeah, that's not even the best example of what can be accomplished by shooting in RAW - just the first underdeveloped/otherwise-throwaway shot I came across. The RAW format is amazing :D

Back to the original topic -- Glenn has said that there will be a DVD shoot this year which is great news for photographers: lighting levels will almost certainly be higher, particularly front/white lights.

I can't afford to be a sponser... I did search out and read the FAQs after I made the post...

Like someone else said, I don't want band pics - just pal pics 'cause there's not much to look back on pics wise (friends) from last year and I regret that a little... but understand why

Guess I'll have to shell out some $$ for some throw aways n' pray for the best!!
I, likewise, will take photos for you and email them. If you see me at any time and want a photo, just ask. I do it for LOTS of people. Be warned, they sometimes end up on the BEC website and/or the poster - but not if you specifically request anonymity.