ProgPower UK 2007

A new website will be launched very soon, and tickets will be on sale at 09:00am BST on 1st July 2006. The first 100 sold will become Platinum Pass holders for PPUK 2007, with a membership card, early access to the venue, a free event programme (worth £5) and 10% off all official festival merchandise.

I'll be there!! May even look into accomodation this time instead of staying up the entire night waiting for a morning train!! :erk:

^^ so very true...I'm just too poor!! Will have to save up a bit extra...I don't want to repeat that!

haven't heard any stuff by any of the bands so will probably wait for further announcements before deciding to go

based on this year's event, where i only went for threshold, it's definetly value for money

www.progpoweruk.com

Hi All,

Just a quick update on what’s happening over at ProgPower UK central (the new website will be online this week) and tickets will be on sale 1.07.2006.

We can confirm that ProgPower UK II will take place at the Centaur in Cheltenham on 31.03.2007. We have started preparations already to really build on the success of last year, and we are now in a position to announce the first four confirmed bands – none of whom have played in the UK before!

The headliners, special guests and one more band are still to come.

1. HAGGARD (Ger)
Just about the biggest metal band in the world… Seventeen people on stage, and a fantastic mix of medieval orchestral music and metal, complete with classical instruments and a choir.

Official website www.haggard.de

Live video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdRS3y3y_2k

2. DREAMSCAPE (Ger)
Accomplished progressive metal band, drawing comparisons to early Dream Theater, but definitely have their own sound and excellent musicianship.

Official Website www.dreamscape.de

3. SCAR SYMMETRY (Swe)
Melo-death from Sweden, but so much more… Their latest album on Nuclear Blast is getting massive worldwide media attention, and led by the stunning vocal abilities of Christian Älvestam they look set to take the ProgPower UK stage by storm!

Official Website: www.scarsymmetry.com
Live video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2LTaNb9zQQ

4. CLOUDSCAPE (Swe)
Melodic prog-metal. Brand new album ‘Crimson Skies’ deserves some serious attention, with strong melodies, mature song structures and thought-provoking lyrics. Addictive stuff!

Official website – www.cloudscape.se

Volcane said:
SCAR SYMMETRY

Since when has Melodic Death Metal been Power or Progressive Metal :p

EDIT: Actually that guy can sing pretty well, in between sections of sounding like the cookie monster. They should go "full" melodic metal; drop that noise :lol:

first_four.jpg

first_four.jpg

:lol:

Don't worry, there will be something for pretty much everyone on the bill. It should balance out nicely. - new bands, established bands... the whole point of ProgPower!

Blabbermouth has announced that Jon Olivia's Pain are headling PPUK next year, but they also say that tickets will go on sale on January 7th 2007 (they must have misread ticket sale date as American way round)

Looking good so far...I'm a fan of Scar Symmetry and want to check out Haggard now!! Lets have some epic power metal in to finish it off...*cough* Kamelot / Angra *cough* :D

KAMELOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

The Black Halo was one of my fave albums of 2005! Khan has such a great voice!

Wicked. Anyone else you get it just even more icing on the sweetest of metal cakes!

Mmmm metal-cakes...

I LOVE YOU AND WANT YOUR BABIES!!!

ahem. well. Kamelot...Awesome and a half!!