ProgPower USA 2.0

ricochet

ghetto philosopher
Jul 7, 2001
behind closed eyelids
Visit site
I just stumbled across this site http://www.progpower.com/pp_usa/index.html and am very pleased at what I found. There will be a Prog festival in Atlanta, GA(about a 4 hour drive from me) on Nov. 9-10.

The lineup for the first night is as follows with the set length in ( ): Balance of Power(45m), Nightingale(45m), Angel Dust(60m), ARK(75m), & Symphony X(90m+).

The second night is Superior(45m), Spiral Architect(45m), Evergrey(60m), Vanden Plas(75m), & Kamelot(90m+).

I can't make it to both shows, but I am probably gonna try to go to the first night to see Nightingale and Symphony X. I would like to see Spiral Architect the 2nd night. Does anyone have any info on these other bands? Should I go the first night or the second? Is anyone else in the US near Atlanta planning to go to this fest? It seems like a cool idea. The tickets are $26 without Ticketmaster charges. I just noticed that there is also a European version of this festival that will have Anathema. http://www.progpower.com/pp_europe/index.htm
Are any of you guys going to this? Thanks in advance for any info.

Oh man! I want to go to that so bad! I was at the first ProgPower USA in Illinois (it was only about an hour away from me), and it was just a great show. The lineup is better this time! Especially with Nightingale (Raggi, you rule for hooking that up). I just wish I could make it out there, damn it!

Do not miss Symphony X...they are phenomenal live. The only band that I liked better at that show was Pain of Salvation, who played an absolutely breathtaking set.

I would sell my parents into slavery to see that show, nearly every band on that bill is awesome, especially Symphony X, Spiral Architect, and Angel Dust. I would also love to see the rare US appearances from Nightingale, Ark, Evergrey and Vanden Plas...

I am definitely going at least one night. I still have to talk it over with my brother, but I really want to go. Should I go the first night or the second night? I think I am leaning towards the first night. I would love to see Dan Swanö(and the rest of Nightingale). I am sure Symphony X will be amazing. I just wish I could go the second night to see Spiral Architect. Oh well. Sorry to those of you who can't go at all. :(

Man I would kill to go to that show. I didn't get to go to the first ProgPower either:( . This festival better come to the northeast next time. If you can only go to one night then I would say go to the first one. Symphony X are amazing live(I've seen them 3 times:D ), and I'm sure Nightingale and Angel Dust will be awesome too.

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
I am definitely going at least one night. I still have to talk it over with my brother, but I really want to go. Should I go the first night or the second night? I think I am leaning towards the first night. I would love to see Dan Swanö(and the rest of Nightingale). I am sure Symphony X will be amazing. I just wish I could go the second night to see Spiral Architect. Oh well. Sorry to those of you who can't go at all. :(

I don't know, man...Evergrey is playing on the second night too. I forgot about them in my original message, but they were another one of the highlights from the last ProgPower. Despite some equipment problems (their sequencer was messed up, I think) and a mistake or two, they were great! Nice guys, too!

It would be both nights for me of course, but I would deinitely give the advantage to day one...I've seen Symphony X three times and Angel Dust twice and they both kick ass live. And after hearing two awesome songs from it, I'm putting in an order for The Closing Chronicles ASAP...already have The Breathing Shadow and I think it's great.

NP: Symphony X - Death Of Balance/Lacrymosa

Originally posted by Demonspell
And after hearing two awesome songs from it, I'm putting in an order for The Closing Chronicles ASAP...already have The Breathing Shadow and I think it's great.

Don't forget about "I" which is (IMO) the best and most consistant all around Nightingale album. All of them are brilliant though.

:headbang: I AM GONNA BE THERE BEFORE I AM ACTUALLY THERE, THAT'S HOW MUCH I WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW

if only I could get a break from college early, and figure a wa to get to Atlanta quickly without missing ANY class........hmmm.......any spare particle transporters anyone?

I want to thank everyone for their kind words. It's a shame that some of you will not be able to make it out. There is still 5 weeks before the show, so you do have time to make arrangements. The airfares are dirt cheap, hotel prices reasonable, and you have public transportation to use.

Also, I am going to stand on record and say those that only attend one night will be kicking themselves in the teeth later on.

There are less than 350 tickets available (out of 1,000) so do not delay in getting your tickets. I have a feeling that they will go fast after I promote the show at the upcoming Iced Earth/Megadeth show here in Atlanta.

Glenn H.
Promoter, Organizer, and Guru for ProgPower USA

www.progpower.com

Thanks for the info dude, but your dirt is a little more expensive than mine. That flight from Toronto, I am assuming is in American dollars (even if it isn't, it's way outta my price range, being a student and all... :( )

Ok, just realized I must be thinking of the fares you (or another) had posted at another board, for those who are wondering what the hell I'm talking about above!! :lol: