ProgPower XXVI

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Australian power metallers BLACK MAJESTY are confirmed for ProgPower Australia XXVI, set to take place at the Gaelic Club in Sydney, Australia on February 11th, 2006. Other acts set for the event include VANISHING POINT, EYEFEAR, LORD, ALARUM, VOYAGER, TRANSCENDING MORTALITY, WITHOUT ENDING, TEMPLATE, FRIAR RUSH, TALISEN and FEEDING THE ADDICTION. This show will be an all ages event. In other Black Majesty related news, the band appear in Australian Guitar Magazine's 50th Issue which features an interview with BM guitarist Stevie (Janevski), plus the track 'Dragon Reborn' included on the magazine's attached CD from Black Majesty's Silent Company album. The issue has just hit newsagents throughout Australia. Head to www.blackmajesty.com.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!! PPXXVI and we are only on 7 clearly we have missing out.

Glenn, any chance of Black Majesty ever play Progpower USA, i would gladly submit a sponorship bib if there was a chance.

John

I would kill to see many of those bands: VANISHING POINT, EYEFEAR, BLACK MAJESTY, VOYAGER

All of them would kill at PP. Vanishing Point's latest is incredible, and Voyager sounds like early Lanfear (Zero Poems) which is awesome.

nightwish58 said:
I would kill to see many of those bands: VANISHING POINT, EYEFEAR, BLACK MAJESTY, VOYAGER

All of them would kill at PP. Vanishing Point's latest is incredible, and Voyager sounds like early Lanfear (Zero Poems) which is awesome.

Isn't Eyefear the band where the guy has hair down to his ankles?

There are the bands I would LOVE to see at the next ProgPower USA 7!!! A Sacred Rite reunion - if anyone can do it, Glenn can! :hotjump: This band has not been around for awhile but a few years ago they got together to remaster all their cds, so there still has to be some fire there to play live. I would also like to see Helloween - by the way the new cd kicks ass! Annihilator - this would be good for Jeff Waters because he nevers gets to play in the States. Balance of Power - especially with Cory Brown singing now. Andromeda - another awesome band who has yet to play in the States. Mob Rules, Thunderstone, Twisted Tower Dire, TNT, and my death metal suggestion Scar Symmetry. These are my suggestions - hopfully some will come true. Any new bands that come along the way will possibly be added to my list!

Maybe a USO gig. :)

The troops might really appreciate something like that. There are actually quite a few metalheads in the military -- I was first told about Blind Guardian by a friend o' mine who was stationed in Germany wayyyy back when.

Taliwakker said:
We have to have our own ProgPower in Australia because fuck-all progpower bands come to us...except Edguy and Angra in the last year or two.
Some cool bands playing.
Hey Tali, I see you're from Canberra, and the name Taliesin in your avatar, so I put two and two together and figured you must be the Taliwakker from the melodicrock.com boards. I'm a fuckin' genius, eh? This is melodic_metal_fl from over there...been ages since I've posted anything there. See your band is playing the Aussie Progpower, congrats mate!:headbang:

The Whisper wrote
Hey Tali, I see you're from Canberra, and the name Taliesin in your avatar, so I put two and two together and figured you must be the Taliwakker from the melodicrock.com boards. I'm a fuckin' genius, eh? This is melodic_metal_fl from over there...been ages since I've posted anything there. See your band is playing the Aussie Progpower, congrats mate!

You are a fuck'n genius mate...glad to see you are alive and well....thought you may have died in a hurricane related accident or been doing 10-20 years for some crime of passion...or something like that.
Taliesin is playing at the ProgPowerAus thingy and it will be awesome...play early (probably i'd say) then drink til the money runs out. :)

Taliwakker said:
We have to have our own ProgPower in Australia because fuck-all progpower bands come to us...except Edguy and Angra in the last year or two.
Some cool bands playing.

To clarify my joking remark earlier...more power to ya! The more ProgPower festivals the better; I just hope they ALL can thrive. :worship: :headbang:

That being said, I'm seriously considering going across the Pond for ProgPower UK. Anyone else considering attending from the States?

Pellaz said:
Maybe a USO gig. :)

The troops might really appreciate something like that. There are actually quite a few metalheads in the military -- I was first told about Blind Guardian by a friend o' mine who was stationed in Germany wayyyy back when.

It's funny that you say that, because I've came to that conclusion too. We had a couple of military guys standing behind us at the Manowar/Rhapsody show this past summer. You could tell they knew their Manowar too!

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Australian power metallers BLACK MAJESTY are confirmed for ProgPower Australia XXVI
I'd drive down there if they could book reunions for Vauxdvihl and The Screaming Jets.

Joe

Metal66 said:
There are the bands I would LOVE to see at the next ProgPower USA 7!!! A Sacred Rite reunion - if anyone can do it, Glenn can! :hotjump: This band has not been around for awhile but a few years ago they got together to remaster all their cds, so there still has to be some fire there to play live. I would also like to see Helloween - by the way the new cd kicks ass! Annihilator - this would be good for Jeff Waters because he nevers gets to play in the States. Balance of Power - especially with Cory Brown singing now. Andromeda - another awesome band who has yet to play in the States. Mob Rules, Thunderstone, Twisted Tower Dire, TNT, and my death metal suggestion Scar Symmetry. These are my suggestions - hopfully some will come true. Any new bands that come along the way will possibly be added to my list!
You mention SCAR SYMMETRY???? I was just recently turned on to them by JONAH from PYRAMAZE. These guys are awesome, and i don't really like death metal, but this band grabbed my attention very quickly, death metal vocals, and then the switch to a mor melodic vocals with progressive overtones, YEAH, this would be a great band for ProgPower VII or VIII, another one i like that is in the same vein as SCAR SYMMETRY is DIVERCIA.
Check these guys out.

John