Program that'll process a sound with an impulse in real time?

Temps

Aug 13, 2008
Hey. I sold my Axe FX to order a custom guitar and am going to go back to Recabinet & my Engl Invader recording direct in the meantime. I will miss silent jamming though - unless, is there a program out there that will apply an impulse to a DI signal in real time?

So that instead of recording and having to play back to hear the processed signal, I can listen to the impulse-applied result as I'm playing?

Good move! I've never heard anything from the Axe FX that warrants its price tag.

It is an incredible unit. Even if you don't use it as a amp modeler, it is an awesome effects unit. That said, what's the point of having a ton of different amp sounds if you only use 4 of them?
Recabinet & my Invader work incredibly well for silent recording, so that'll get me through. If they come out with the floorboard version of the Axe, I'd pick that up to use as effects & a MIDI controller but the rack unit ehh doesn't replace a tube head for me.

Hey. I sold my Axe FX to order a custom guitar and am going to go back to Recabinet & my Engl Invader recording direct in the meantime. I will miss silent jamming though - unless, is there a program out there that will apply an impulse to a DI signal in real time?

So that instead of recording and having to play back to hear the processed signal, I can listen to the impulse-applied result as I'm playing?

To do that, you need to monitor your Cubase/Nuendo/Protools/Logic/DP/other recording program with an latency as low as possible to skip as much lag as possible. You could've done that with the Axe-FX btw, but it's too late anyway, so... Just make sure that everything that says "latency" is as low as possible.

Good luck.

To do that, you need to monitor your Cubase/Nuendo/Protools/Logic/DP/other recording program with an latency as low as possible to skip as much lag as possible. You could've done that with the Axe-FX btw, but it's too late anyway, so... Just make sure that everything that says "latency" is as low as possible.

Good luck.

I'm not going to keep a $2,000 unit around just to run impulses.
I squared an awesome tube head off with an awesome modeler and the modeler lost... that can't be unexpected.

I'm not going to keep a $2,000 unit around just to run impulses.
I squared an awesome tube head off with an awesome modeler and the modeler lost... that can't be unexpected.

Of course not. Hey, i understand, and I don't care what you decide to sell.
facepalm.gif

If you skip the AxeFX shit, there's some useful tips for you.

Way to be a dick. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it works great. No latency at all.. its nice to preview my tunes with the exact tone I am playing with.

Well, I just replied with info of how to use it, and you thought I was bashing you for selling the axefx when I wasn't. Good for you. Glad you're happy. :)