programmer's corner

Well i'm kinda beginner in college ... i know pascal and c++ , have a few hints on ML (SML ?) and i just cant get into 8086 assembly (why is it so dham hard to do just a simple thing in assembly ???)

inflamer said:
Well i'm kinda beginner in college ... i know pascal and c++ , have a few hints on ML (SML ?) and i just cant get into 8086 assembly (why is it so dham hard to do just a simple thing in assembly ???)

1. ML = SML
2. because you do it on the lowest level there is, as close as you can be to the machine. the only thing below that would be punching 0's and 1's into the machine :)

i do delphi pascal and c++ at the moment in uni. and playing around ASP at own time. start doing php as it really kickass in speed than asp. html, lingo, javascript and action script for web design. and now exploring XML becoz of a module in uni. anyway all the above i just know basic. really hope to master some of it, at least ASP,PHP,actionscript and XML :err:

anyone doing XML, by the way?

I am on a computer's degree too and i had ( and im still having ) my share of crappy languages. visual basic, visual fox pro, and javascript ( not even goddamn java! ).

The only thing half interesting we say was c++ but then again we got on it up to only basic low-mid knowledge ( read: no objects, no windows programming etc. ) My school is a fucking fraud we already had 2 curses called Operative Systems and one of them was an html curse with like 10 unix commands trown in for good measure and the second one its a 100% javascript course. The idiots lured me into the career with fancy names crap ( Database design turned out to be fucking ACCESS, Multimedia design turned out to be POWER POINT FOR FUCKS SHAKE!, ) and the sad thing is that i only have 1 semester left so i might as well finish the goddamn thing so i can have a fucking paper that says that i know things i dont really know to get a job who ask for things i wont need. I hate this country.

well i have my own problems as in at my college we do a decent amount of pretty difficult stuff. i mean learning c++ and object oriented program is like the very first thing we do freshman year. but i dont know how to apply any of the crap ive learned to jobs and stuff.

Misanthrope said:
I am on a computer's degree too and i had ( and im still having ) my share of crappy languages. visual basic, visual fox pro, and javascript ( not even goddamn java! ).

The only thing half interesting we say was c++ but then again we got on it up to only basic low-mid knowledge ( read: no objects, no windows programming etc. ) My school is a fucking fraud we already had 2 curses called Operative Systems and one of them was an html curse with like 10 unix commands trown in for good measure and the second one its a 100% javascript course. The idiots lured me into the career with fancy names crap ( Database design turned out to be fucking ACCESS, Multimedia design turned out to be POWER POINT FOR FUCKS SHAKE!, ) and the sad thing is that i only have 1 semester left so i might as well finish the goddamn thing so i can have a fucking paper that says that i know things i dont really know to get a job who ask for things i wont need. I hate this country.
CNCI or Instituto Cultural Icel? :lol:

VultureCulture said:
2. because you do it on the lowest level there is, as close as you can be to the machine. the only thing below that would be punching 0's and 1's into the machine :)

Yeah ... i remember seeing some old small cardboars with holes on them ... that was the way to give instructions in binary code to the VERY OLD computers

Thanatos said:
CNCI or Instituto Cultural Icel? /forum/images/smilies/lol.gif

Lo triste: Tec de Monterrey Campus Romulo Garza, Tecnico Superior en Sistemas Computacionales. Conosco gente de escuelas del rango de CNCI y les enseñan la fabulosa tecnologia de como usar el paint.

Mainly C and x86 asm, though Java is used occasionally at work, and my research touches FORTRAN and NCL (and a bit of Perl, but I am definitely no perlmonk).

To Misanthrope: I feel your pain, but hang in there, that piece of paper is worth something. Most of the things I learned took place outside coursework...

To DrBell: most coursework tends to be more theory-based (unless you are in a rigorously-application-based curriculum), so the things that will help for jobs are external internships, projects, and so on.

I wish I had enough enery to write a damn weblog system for my homepage in php. Hm, actually I wish I had enough enery to make my homepage.....

zodi said:
I wish I had enough enery to write a damn weblog system for my homepage in php. Hm, actually I wish I had enough enery to make my homepage.....

Ever thought of using LiveJournal?

apropos homepage... i think of starting one/two sites again, and i am in need of a decent service provider. 50mb should be sufficient, and i'd like to experiment with selfmade php & cgi-stuff, so the server should support that. unlimited traffic would be nice but not necessary, but it should be reliable and not all too slow, and i need ftp access of course. anyone got some recommendations?

VultureCulture said:
apropos homepage... i think of starting one/two sites again, and i am in need of a decent service provider. 50mb should be sufficient, and i'd like to experiment with selfmade php & cgi-stuff, so the server should support that. unlimited traffic would be nice but not necessary, but it should be reliable and not all too slow, and i need ftp access of course. anyone got some recommendations?

Couple buddies of mine are interested in getting our own dedicated Linux server from Server Beach (www.serverbeach.com). It's USD $99/month, but if we split the cost among many people, the price shouldn't be that bad. Let me know if you're interested. :)