Progressive Extreme metal

Lord_Acheron

New Metal Member
Jul 18, 2010
Hey guys
So I'm nearing the release of my 2nd album but I'm having some issues with the mix. I'm not really happy with how its turning out cause it feels like it lacks the energy of the old mixes. The synths are Miroslav Philharmonik and drums are Superior Drummer 2. The mastering plugin I used was izotope ozone 4.
anyway, most of the current mix of the album is right here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3jgysjexq2minzn
So any advice on how I could make it sound better would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm.. for what i am hearing there for guitar you need use better cabinet impulses, because guitars sound like my Zoom G2 cab simulations (grate for repetitions in bedroom if you got only laptop or computer speakers, but not wery good for recordings). Also you need make head room for every stuff you can, cuz you have massive sound with those instruments. For guitars I think at least Hi and Low pass.
For drums better velocity editing, volume changes and EQ sculpting.
I am newbie by myself too, but starting to understand some thing, so you can ignore me or take something from what i said.
Music is awesome, but need give more awesomeness.

don't want to be a bitch. but sounds really super shit! I can't even hear the drums, get a better cabinet impulse or something...

The drums are just drumkit from hell for now but I'm installing the metal foundry right now and I've been messing with some other Orchestra VSTs. I'm gonna have to do some research on this cabinet impulse stuff. Thanks for the suggestions guys! :kickass: