Project Arcadia - A Time of Changes (released)

Ah. Sorry. I didn't see that date. I just saw the price and "Add to cart". Although, looking at the page again, I don't know how I missed the "Pre-order" in large letters at the top of the page.

Those samples sound really, really good. I guess I'm admitting to a progpower error of extreme proportions but I've never heard Tad Morose and therefore never heard Urban before now. Now I've gone back and sampled some TM on youtube and I'm surprised I missed them all these years. I read Bloodbound is cool too. Guess I gotta play catch up and I'll be looking out for Arcadia now.

Those samples sound really, really good. I guess I'm admitting to a progpower error of extreme proportions but I've never heard Tad Morose and therefore never heard Urban before now. Now I've gone back and sampled some TM on youtube and I'm surprised I missed them all these years. I read Bloodbound is cool too. Guess I gotta play catch up and I'll be looking out for Arcadia now.

Dude !! Tad Morose was an absolute monster. Sort of a dark style/American style powermetal more akin to Metal Church or Armored Saint as opposed to European style powermetal, but it had the huge European style backing vocals.

Bryant

Urban is an outstanding singer and performer on stage and off the stage. There are not too many heavy metal singer out there that actually toss their microphone stand around while performing.

If you find him at prog power, he is one of the nicest guys to talk to too. Just cool and laid back willing to talk to fans and have a great time.

:headbang:

Urban is an outstanding singer and performer on stage and off the stage. There are not too many heavy metal singer out there that actually toss their microphone stand around while performing.

He even does this the rare times he does karaoke... and he swears he hasn't hit anyone with it yet! :D Although I think Jeff Lords got a wee bit worried at PP a few years ago (Masque of the Red Death w/ Nils and Urban).

As Jim posted, go check out the first video, for "Formidable Foe." It was directed by Bob Katsionis. :headbang:

Shaye

He even does this the rare times he does karaoke... and he swears he hasn't hit anyone with it yet! :D Although I think Jeff Lords got a wee bit worried at PP a few years ago (Masque of the Red Death w/ Nils and Urban).

As Jim posted, go check out the first video, for "Formidable Foe." It was directed by Bob Katsionis. :headbang:

Shaye
Actually, I've hit Johan with it a few times now. Not nearly hard enough though. I'll make a few more attempts at rehearsals tonight. :)

Actually, I've hit Johan with it a few times now. Not nearly hard enough though. I'll make a few more attempts at rehearsals tonight. :)

Classic!

I checked out the single and it sounds very good. Nice dark tones and whatnot. Most likely going to grab it from Lance at the fest.

Okay, instant purchase. That hit me exactly where I wanted it to. Now I'm off to check into Tad and Bloodbound. Where shoud I start? I'm guessing Modus Vivendi and work backwards?

If I may be so bold as to give my opinions...

Modus Vivendi is my personal TM favorite (and I think that's the general consensus), Trail of Murder is his other, other current band. He's in Sweden playing with them now. They have one release so far, Shades of Art. As of now, it is my personal favorite, exactly up my alley--catchy, melodic hard rock/metal, with a song about my favorite-ever sci-fi show. :D

I don't care much for Bloodbound in general--the Nosferatu album is okay (too obviously, heavily influenced power metal for me, but YMMV), although I do like Tabula Rasa a lot. It's a bit different from their others. (Those are the only 2 Urban is on.)

Undead and Matters of the Dark (TM) are both quite good as well, just not as solid all the way through as MV. IMO of course.

So: Modus Vivendi, Shades of Art, Tabula Rasa. Then the rest. :)

And of course we already know you're gonna love the Project Arcadia when you get your grubby little hands on it. :D

Thank Dio I have resources like this for finding these things out! :D

Correction--he *hadn't* hit anyone until very recently! lol

Shaye

Okay, instant purchase. That hit me exactly where I wanted it to. Now I'm off to check into Tad and Bloodbound. Where shoud I start? I'm guessing Modus Vivendi and work backwards?
While I think that might be a good strategy... I would suggest you check out Trail of Murder-Shades of Art first.

FYI- Urban only sang on one Bloodbound disc- Tabula Rasa.
Not quite true. There is also the debut. Nosferatu. However, I only co-wrote three of the songs on that one so like you I almost dismiss it too. ;)

Here's the first single "Formidable Foe":

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite true. There is also the debut. Nosferatu. However, I only co-wrote three of the songs on that one so like you I almost dismiss it too. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ooops- oh yeah- sorry about that!