Projected to sell 20 to 25 thousand for all kings

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
still a good effort considering the leak,record will do very well worldwide as well,there is still a great buzz about the band again which should be good for touring

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with those numbers for the band, given that WM sold 28K. I thought (hoped) their momentum and tons of promo might have meant they'd do 40 odd thousand first week. The reviews have been unanimously outstanding and they've been doing some good tours with LOG in the States.

Megadeth sold over double this number if memory serves me right (??).

Like you said that leak so early must've done some damage.

Megadeth traditionally outsell Anthrax mind you. They have a lot more mainstream success & media exposure simply as they release records nearly every 2-3 years. Also probably the fact Megadeth were touring heavily before Dystopia came out.

Hopefully FAK does get bigger numbers over the coming weeks.

I suppose last album they came off big four tour and the hype of belladonna being back woulda generated a lot of interest,still decent though,megadeth must have very loyal fans,they can releases utter crap and still do well

Megadeth get mentioned a lot more in mainstream media whereas you rarely hear Anthrax unless its in metal circles.

That is most general music fans have heard of Megadeth or Dave Mustaine. Same can't be said for Anthrax.

I think simply put too Megadeth just has a far larger fanbase. They still are considered a genuine big headline act.

It's just not heavy enough, that to me is the problem. When Worship was coming out they led off with Fight'em and I was like holy shit! But with this album we hear the Game of thrones song which isn't very heavy and then Breathing lightning again not very heavy. I was waiting for the heavy and I've listened to the album 15 times and I can't find it. Don't get me wrong it's a great album and heavy in parts and very well put together the drums and solos are great. But there is an absence of Scott that is noticed. The melodic voice of Joey and the aggression of Scott is a big part of the sound at least to me. And it's not until track 10 that Scott really shows up. You can't get people all happy with Worship and then get lighter. Not when you're rebuilding a brand. Most of the vocals are like the chorus to In The End, just very lite.
But now that I'm over what it's not I can enjoy it for what it is. A very very good album.

lol I meant heavy. Not happy lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkGuitarLord
I'm not sure why a lot of metal bands are doing those slow orchestra parts in their music. I'm not really sure it adds anything.
That's a great question! you know if it was worked into a song that's one thing, but as a stand alone I think shit! that was a track?! lol I'd prefer a nice straight up instrumental.